• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Post Season Favre? Who Is Going To Be Eating Crow?

Shack

I figure we would make it official grin

Let's see how many bandwagon jump-in Vike's fans we have at FM/HSO! I know many have said their peice in mutiple threads, but Lay it on the line how you feel about Favre in one thread, we can call each other out on during and post season grin

Post your feelings and what you think of #4 and how he will do this season. Then right before Game 1, I will see if DC31 can lock this thread (keep things on the up and up wink ), during and post season we will see who is going to be eating some crow! (Maybe locking it before game 2, to let those pre-season jumpers in on a chance to change their minds whistle)

Man, last year to this year, the TJ bandwagon jumping has been pretty good in this forum. From "Let Gus The Bus Ride us To The Play Off's" to wanting TJ starting the season in 09'.

I will start first. I feel a great year is upon us. I am glad Favre is here and he will play one of his best seasons. I do not see him getting hurt, but things can happen to even young players. More so with a player who has a target on his back like Favre has right now grin I have no doubt the Vikes will be in the playoff's. How far they will go will depend on many things. IMO Vikes and the NFL playoff's just do not mix, but every once and awhile, strange and good things are bound to happen. I do have a feeling this is going to be one of those years wink . If the team, fans and media can keep a positive attitude threw out the season, stand behind the Vikes, this could be the year for the SB grin

The difference between "can" and "cannot" are only three letters. Three letters that can determine the Vike's direction this season. wink

I do predict a 2-0 sweep of Green Bay this season. That would make my season, even if we balk in the playoff's grin

We love Favre until week 5 then we want T-Jack in and give Booty back his jersey number.

If that happened (just in the media) I would loose all respect for the Vikings fan base grin I would be asshamed to even admit I was a Vikes fan. I came close last year, when they benched TJ because of media and public outcry wink You play your start QB all season season (good, the bad and the ugly) unless he is hurt IMO.

I hope not, I hope not! TJ will have his chance in 10-11 season to get the SB job done, if it does not happen this year. If it does, he will have a ring the following season to keep his momentum rolling! winklaugh

i think favre is the best qb on the team by far, opposing teams instantly have to respect a passing game which opens things up for AP and chester. and we can actually get in a groove and roll people with some blow outs instead of nail biting to the very end of almost every game that we should have dominated.

i think favre will make it look like we actually have a legit offense that can tally up some big points, we got playmakers with AP, chester, berrian, shanicoe, percy...even guys like wade or sydney can have a pretty big year with a guy that can get the ball out there on time...couple of them guys fighting for the 5th wr position are lookin good too...we are gonna have a real fast offense out there.

as far as injuries goes that can happen to anyone no matter what your age is...we all hope no one gets hurt...but it happens hard to say who and when....favre has a quick release and quick decision making so that kind of makes up for not being really mobile...but a juke move here and there with a nice throw is all you need when your a pocket passer.

he's the best option right now for many reasons, i say only take him out if he's obviously injured....then if all else fails bring in sage, tjack, or booty....hard to say which one since neither has solidified the 2nd or 3rd spot as of right now or its yet to be seen who is even here when season kicks off.

i do think this is gonna be shanicoes break out year...if he don't get hurt he will be a top TE forsure...maybe the best in the league numbers wise.

Being a HUGE Vikes fan and love the Fact that Favre is playing for the "good guys"; I don't see us winning in GB this year. It's too much of a good thing and you know the pack will be out to hunt him down like a wounded animal.

I do see Favre (if he plays) having a field day in the dome agst the pack.

OVerall, iF Favre stays healthy-- 10-6. maybe 11-5.

The Pack will be pretty good,, we will win buy only 1 game or a tiebreaker. Rodgers has a good pair of WR's and we still struggle agst the pass

It comes down to games agst the bears for both the pack and Vikes and like the fact that the bears/pack games are more heated than vikes/Pack games and I think the Vikes can sweep the Bears-- IMO.

I see Dallas or Philly as the other teams to be in contention for the Super Bowl.

IT really comes down to AP if you ask me,, if he can have a near 2000 yd season with 15 td or so with SOME HELP from the passing game,, the Vikes D is too good to not get too play in the NFC title GAMe.

I think Favre will succeed with the Vikes. He has the best running game in the league, with a few decent recievers. Give him a full game, and he will show us all how good he can be. I know I will be at the 49'ers game to watch him personally.

I think they have a chance to go all the way with Favre, where they would have been lucky to make the playoffs without him. Adrian is going to have a great year since the defenses are going to have to worry about more than just him.

it was all a trick....he played it safe and miss spelled favre's name so if he made terrible predictions he could say he was talkin about a different guy!!

the running game will be golden...i'd worry more about pass protection....speed on the outside will give us problems from both mckinney and loadholt imo.

it was all a trick....he played it safe and miss spelled favre's name so if he made terrible predictions he could say he was talkin about a different guy!!

Nah, it was a failing of the U.S. public education system. The study, "Why Snackbush Can't Spell," was done by one of the Washington, D.C., Beltway Bandit firms. It cost the taxpayers $53,834, and we still don't know why Snackbush was allowed to graduate from Higher School when he says a five dollar bill is a "Favre" but spells a quarterback "Farve." gringrin

Sorry for the typo Steve. blushsmile Yep! Covering my tracks grin

and it should be spelled correctly or pronounced:

"Favray" grin

I spell his name about 10 different ways grin Depends on how I feel at the moment.

I have been calling him Farva lately grin

Not to be confused with Farva from the Super Trooper's:

farva.jpg

laugh

Farve, is in, T-junk gets traded, Sage steps in about week 12 because we have the season all but wrapped up. Gets hurt, #4 back in action, even Booty gets a call at some point. Vikes lose in S.B. ( remember we do not own the record w/lose's anymore.) T-junk retires= cant get a job, moves up north, takes photog class's from Steve then thinks he's the pro up north. Next season in the photog section we have another compitition.. LoL

I am glad he is here for a couple of reasons. first he's not in green bay.. second because he is more than capable of getting us to the S.B. and he can mentor T-jak.because we all know that he is not smart enough to be a starter even at the high school level(T-JAK) but we also realize that the vikes front office is to proud to send him packing.

Nah, it was a failing of the U.S. public education system. The study, "Why Snackbush Can't Spell," was done by one of the Washington, D.C., Beltway Bandit firms. It cost the taxpayers $53,834, and we still don't know why Snackbush was allowed to graduate from Higher School when he says a five dollar bill is a "Favre" but spells a quarterback "Farve." gringrin

LMAO!!!!

I predict the "Golden Boy" will have a repeat performance of his last season in the North!! If you don't know what it is, look it up.

I'm glad he's on the team, he's better than the other guys we have.

I see the Vikes going 9-2 to start the year. People will be flocking to #4 jerseys. Then we finish up the final 5 games 2-3 and lose in the 2nd round of the playoff's. Should be a good time anyway.

I just don't see Childress having the necessary creativity and effectiveness in the playoffs.

Just as I thought grin

Not many (well pretty much none) willing to stick their neck out and put it on the line that Favre is going to bomb this year. laugh Well, at least leech expressed some opposite opinion of the norm confusedgrin

I will eat crow any time I have to, but I just do not think I will again this year and with my predictions for the Vike's.

Who can not love this season? laugh

The only person, place or thing I can find that does not like Favray is my Iphone. I saved to government $58,000. If you type Favre in, it spits out and changes it to Farve?? Farva stays though grin

Go Vike's and #4!

Although never admitting it while he was a Packer, I have always been a Favre fan. Had my #4 Jersey before he even turned down the team the first time.

While he brings some very obvious things to the team immediately, such as openining up the running game for AP and Chester, there are some little things he will do that will make a world of difference.

How many times did the Vikings need a sustained drive of more than 3 plays to give their D a rest? There were times when the D barely got off the field and had to come right back on. While every drive won't be a sustained drive, enough of them will to get a good rest for the D. Also, along with that, it will give Klewe a short field to pin the other team deep in their own end and make things that much harder to score.

Who else out there has as much experience and can quickly hammer it into the young receivers? Do you think Harvin will be further along after this year with Favre as opposed to playing with TJack fulltime? Will Favre turn him into a better receiver? The answers are no brainers.

He will find a rythm in the offense and while it might take a couple of games, they will start to roll and be feared within the league.....mark my words!

Sweep Green Bay without a blinking of the eyes. Those games are BIG for #4 and you bet your butt he will have himself pumped to the max.

I say the Vikings go 12-4 and make it deep into the playoffs, my guess is the NFC Championship at a minimum and if injuries don't kill us!