• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MAC- Leech Results

IMO, not really, it was conditional based from what I heard with a big cold snap the night before. Heavy fog the morning of indicates that. It's not that fish weren't active, just none were boated. I heard a few opportunities were there and not capitalized on and some fish lost before getting netted.

Only 10 teams. Turnout this year has been low. I almost did this one but after fishing the Mille Lacs event with only 12 teams I didn't bother. Ended up fishing the general area of Leech over the weekend and it was slow for us as well. Bluebird skies and high pressure is never that great for skllunngen'. We did see alot of fish and boated a few. No reason to sign off Leech as you will probably run into more favorable conditions. On a side note: Old school baits produced almost every fish and every follow over the weekend. Slow dive and rise presentations were the key.. Everything else was a waste of time.

No, I'm with you. I'll fish anywhere/anyplace regardless. Leech just has a tendency to pop around this time and can get hot for a couple of weeks.

The guy I'm going out with is a big walleye guy and no action now means more walleye fishing when we come up again in Sept. when the fishing should be better.