• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gopher Football

CJH

So my father in law was at the stadium last week and said it was awesome. Anybody else excited for the season to start?

I was disappointed with the way they finished last year, but losing your starting RB and WR doesn't help. What are your predictions this year?

They have a tougher schedule, but they will be better, so it will basically be a wash. My prediction: 7-6

CJH,

I agree, but they are going to have to have a consistent running game this year- last years wasn't very good. The defense will have to play a little better as well - they are getting better players on the defensive side - they just need to retain a d coach and get some consistency there as well.

With Weber and Decker they have a strong passing game and their offensive line looks much stronger too. But as you said, a stronger schedule will leave them a 500 or so team.With a few breaks maybe 8-5 and some post season bowling.

Hard to say how this team will be this year with a new offensive scheme and new offensive and defensive coordinators. Also as already stated, a much tougher schedule this year. Penn State and Ohio State on the road, Michigan State and Cal at home and Iowa always plays tough vs. Gophers at Kinnick. Question marks remain at o-line, rb and defensive end. The o-line is definitely bigger and Carufel will be a nice addition. Jeff Wills is a monster at 375 lbs, but will he be an athlete that can be utilized for a running game yet handle a speedy pass rusher? I'll say that a record of 8-5 would be an successful season considering the schedule.

At least they are headed in the right direction. I was happy that Brewster cleaned the slate when he came in and started playing the young guys with talent. I could deal with a one win season. Last year was an improvement when you look strictly at the record, but a disappointment based on the slide at the end. The key will be for Brewster to take the next step. Mason took the Gophers from perennial losers to perennial low-bowl team, then he stagnated. If Brewster can't push beyond that then he'll eventually find his pink slip too!

So that's what our $1.7 Million PER GAME of taxpayer's dollars is buying over the next 25 years?

I guess the one good thing is that the giant scoreboard isn't hanging low over the field, right Jerry Jones? whistle

They must have taken the picture that's displayed the scoreboard of the player holding the ax back in 2003 which is the last time the Gophers had it.

Ski-U-Mah.........

I find it hard to comprehend how people can be negative about the stadium now that it's built and we're just a week away from getting back to a real college football atmosphere. I like how the scoreboard already shows the U of M already ahead 20 - 0! It's a fantastic stadium, and I personally can't wait. Thanks for the pictures Shiner.

First game at TCF. A Big deal. AF beat Nichols St. 72-0. IF the Gophers are in the game, I will be happy,, cause they will not be in the game agst Cali. CALI is loaded and very well might win the PAC-10 title. Their is a reason we have #5 hardest schdule in the land. If we can pick off AF,, it's a huge win, don't expect us to play with CALI.

The win agst Cuse was big,, they only won 3 games last year, but beat Louisvile and Norte Dame and are improving-- it's like the Gophers beating a team like themselves on the road.