Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CHISOM

RADIO LIGHTS BURNING OUT

10 posts in this topic

I have 1997 chevy pick-up and the radio is slowly losing all of its lights in the numbers and the am/fm. The clock works fine are these replacable bulbs? Thanks

Ha! I have 98, and its doing the same... I just am leaving it, but know exactly what you mean smile

Our 99 suburban is doing the same thing. We're just leaving it.

I think it would be a major pain in the rear to replace those bulbs even if they are replaceable.

01 silverado here, from what my buddy says (hes a GM wrench) the whole radio needs replacement. Needless to say, only about 1/2 of my radio lights work whistle

There usually soldered to a circuit board. There are a few companies that sell replacement bulbs. Corvetteradios have the bulbs and instruction on how to replace. If your handy with a soldering iron it would be a pretty easy sunday afternoon project.

My 96 Bonnevilles was burned out when I bought the car, so I put my JVC aftermarket in it. Delco radios must be bad for this

Quote:
My 96 Bonnevilles was burned out when I bought the car, so I put my JVC aftermarket in it. Delco radios must be bad for this

(airjer is tapping his nose with his finger)grin

Thanks for all of the info I think I will just leave it the way it is

There usually soldered to a circuit board. There are a few companies that sell replacement bulbs. Corvetteradios have the bulbs and instruction on how to replace. If your handy with a soldering iron it would be a pretty easy sunday afternoon project.

Or put an aftermarket in. Wattage increases, RCA outputs are there, and 99% of the time they function better. I had my JVC installed in my Bonneville with a Scosche kit I bought at WalMart in less than an hour.