Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CHISOM

RADIO LIGHTS BURNING OUT

10 posts in this topic

I have 1997 chevy pick-up and the radio is slowly losing all of its lights in the numbers and the am/fm. The clock works fine are these replacable bulbs? Thanks

Ha! I have 98, and its doing the same... I just am leaving it, but know exactly what you mean smile

Our 99 suburban is doing the same thing. We're just leaving it.

01 silverado here, from what my buddy says (hes a GM wrench) the whole radio needs replacement. Needless to say, only about 1/2 of my radio lights work whistle

There usually soldered to a circuit board. There are a few companies that sell replacement bulbs. Corvetteradios have the bulbs and instruction on how to replace. If your handy with a soldering iron it would be a pretty easy sunday afternoon project.

My 96 Bonnevilles was burned out when I bought the car, so I put my JVC aftermarket in it. Delco radios must be bad for this

Quote:
My 96 Bonnevilles was burned out when I bought the car, so I put my JVC aftermarket in it. Delco radios must be bad for this

(airjer is tapping his nose with his finger)grin

There usually soldered to a circuit board. There are a few companies that sell replacement bulbs. Corvetteradios have the bulbs and instruction on how to replace. If your handy with a soldering iron it would be a pretty easy sunday afternoon project.

Or put an aftermarket in. Wattage increases, RCA outputs are there, and 99% of the time they function better. I had my JVC installed in my Bonneville with a Scosche kit I bought at WalMart in less than an hour.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• What does everyone use? decoy string mono braid thanks.
    • LOL!  The truth of the matter is, CWD is widespread across the country and I believe in only one state, somewhere out west, has it caused population level decreases.  The DNR has no choice but to try their darnedest to eliminate it.  If they don't and it becomes widespread, they will be ridiculed to no end.  If they try to fight it, they will still be ridiculed when they fail to eliminate it, but at least they tried.  IMVHO, it is here, just like the invasive species continuing to spread in our lakes.  There is no way to eliminate it.  But as I stated, it won't significantly impact deer numbers in the state.  The disease will kill far fewer deer than the efforts to get rid of it will.  It is mainly the health issues to worry about.  But I've been wrong once or twice before.
    • Was Hillarys plan to help rural America much like Obama's and Rick Nolan's? Wait for an industry to collapse then push for tarriffs a year after the fact and claim victory?
    • Kinda like how Trump is the grand wizard of the klan because he hasn't  denounced every supporter he's had well enough.
    • Regardless of where you put that fan you'll still need another fan of some sort to circulate the air around the house. The heater one only get the air out and off the heat exchange. Put one or two more in the upper corners blowing the air back down. Hugger style ceiling fans if you have room are the best. The blades need at bare minimum 4 inches and most experts say 8 inches of clearance to the ceiling. I'm at about 4 1/2 and it works fine. 
    • Keep in mind its technically winter and by foaming it in "his" shop he is doing a service to you and you are paying for it.  Your house will need to be at least 50 degrees to foam it.  I just had my 8x16 floor sprayed in my shop this past sat and it was $220.  The guys that did mine are done for the season, getting too cold to travel and keep the chemicals from freezing. 
    • An easier thing first is to get the thermostat bulb out of the cabinet of the heater, it will react faster to the temp you feel, not the retained heat in the unit.
    • I'm starting to wonder about my wife, she bought me a suit lined with lead. Now she's trying to convince me it's for the xrays in the sun.?.
    • Here is the p/n of the screws I used from Fastenal.  #0148433  #10 flat head self drilling screw x1-1/4" long.  I'm sure Northern States supply or other places can match them up as well, I have an account and paid about $0.09 each.  Pre drill the wood so it doesn't crack.  I installed with an impact driver.  Try and keep your fir strips straight and at nominal dimensions it sure helps with the second layer of installation.  For reference I used about 350 screws to fir a 8x16 Yetti.
  • Our Sponsors