• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ID these minnows

AaronM

fishingfrenzy,

The top group are horneyhead chubs (red spot behind eye), with two of them possibly being a creek chub. The second group appear to be one spottail shiner (#2), four young common shiners (#'s 1,3,5,6) and possibly a young creek chub (#4). The last picture has a mixture of all of the above as well as a couple of young white sucker and a Johnny darter (lower right just to the right of the clump of rocks).

Hope this helps,

War Eagle!!!

Thanks MUCH for the replies, I had no idea there was such a mixture. I was pretty certain about the Redtails, but I wasn't quite sure on the shiners (or the others!) I love seining, it was amazing how many small bass were mixed in, a few walleye and the sheer number of suckers. Does anyone use the small minnow-sized suckers for walleye? If those did happen to work, it would be very easy to get loads of those, we seined and threw back easily hundreds of those. Would those count against your 24 dozen limit?

Thanks again!

creek chubs, redtails, and silver shiners, common shiners, golden shiners, and spot tail shiners, blunt nose minnows, some small suckers, a bunch of different dace, weed shiners, blacknose shiners. and maybe some emerald shiners.

looks like you have a prime bait area wink