Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
cliffy

Sunsets

I thought I would start a thread about sunsets. If you got some nice pics, lets see them. I will start. This would be Lake Lida in Ottertail County (MN) on 08/23/2009. Taken with my Canon XSI with a fixed 50MM lens. I think Steve called it the "plastic fantastic" lens in another thread. I realize its a little soft and blurry...I was not watching my ISO..and its hard to hold perfectly still when bobbing around on the pontoon but I am happy with the results.

sunset1.jpg

Such beautiful work by so many. Sweet thread!

The Canon 50mm f1.8 is widely known as both the "nifty fifty" (for its compact size, light construction, cheap price and wonderful sharpness) and the "plastic fantastic" (for its wonderful sharpness, light construction, cheap price and compact size).

I prefer the nifty fifty myself, because plastic fantastic sounds a little too much like a '60s acid trip that ended up on the Dark Side of the Moon. gringrin

Here's one I got last year at Lake Winnibigoshish, taken from Highbanks Resort. Canon XTi, 28-135 lens.

3852513038_28ff5a6ce6_b.jpg

Thanks Cliffy! All are nice. I like the composition of the sihlouetted boat and fishermen. But the layering of color in that last sunset is really beautiful, CFRay

Holy Smokes them are some good shots!!!! I am truly impressed with every-one's pics. Lets keep it going!

Here is a prairie pothole sunset taken last year when we did these as a challenge. I think that was still my lurking, not my submitting phase.

3855956973_c89bd7a8e8_o.jpg

We don't have the wonderful water sunrise/sunset photo ops here on the prairie, but I am learning to love the beauty that the prairie offers after seeing all of the photos you have submitted over the last year. I am finding that beauty is really where you are. Thanks Jonny Redhorse, Catmendo...I could go on and on. Here is a foggy morning on the prairie:

3855957347_52ee522dfb_o.jpg

Very nice photos everyone.

I'm not sure if I posted this last year or not, but it is getting close to that time of year again. Here's my shot.

Harvest Sunset

3649936903_43729184fd_o.jpg

Yakfisher, now that's a prairie sunset. Hwood--that's the sunset all us prairie people long for. Love the lines rising from the fire finnbay.

A few sunsets revisited. The first one is our neighbor's place, the second one is my father in law during last year's harvest, and the third one is from the lake this summer.

2618028427_19c6c5bf99_o.jpg

2868442195_7bde9e9413_o.jpg

3704676168_3b6562b2c2_o.jpg

New Years Weekend at Big Cormorant 2007

IceFishing066-1.jpg

This pic makes me want to go out to my garage, set up my portable and fire up my auger..just to take in the smells of ice fishing. BRING ON THE HARD WATER>

Great pics guys...keep'em coming!!!