• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

odor problem in my fish trap pro

52#FLATHEAD

I just bought a used Fish Trap Pro that's about 6 years old & used very little. The tarp looks like new. But I think this guy had it stored in or near a dairy barn. It doesn't smell like manure but like chemicals related to milking. Anyways, I have washed this thing 2 times w/ soap & water, dried it, had a fan on it for 2 days & airing out for 3 days. It still smells.

I know bleach works for mildew.

Is there anything you guys have tried that works for odor removal that won't damage the tarp?

Mix 1 quart of 2% hydrogen peroxide with a cup of baking soda and mix thoroughly. After the chemicals are done reacting put it in a spray bottle and hose down the portable with it, and let it sit for an hour or two and then rinse it. I orginally came across a variation of this forumula for removing skunk smell from dogs. I've used it to great effect on all sorts of nasty smells. You might try a small section of your porty before doing the whole thing. I don't think it will damage the tarp, but it could possibly fade the color. I know guys that use this formula instead of scent killer and their camo looks fine.