Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hoggs222

Favorite Bow sights

10 posts in this topic

Looking to depart from my traditional 5 pin cobra that has worked but could use an upgrade. Just curious to see what is hype and what works well. I would like one that has larger pins and a light would be helpful. Also, I have heard that some of the newer sights have a tendency to be loud.

I've used HHA sites on my last three bows- been very happy with them. You can choose the size of the pin, so if you want a bigger pin, you can have it. They also make a light that mounts on the scope if you want that.

If you're willing to part with the cash, Spott Hoggs are REALLY tough to beat. Best sight on the markety, IMO. However, they're dang proud of their product and price accordingly...

I have nothing but great things to say about my Sword Twilight Hunter. It has a light and you can get pins in different sizes. My top pin is .029 and the bottom four are .019.

Look at Shaffer's Fiber Optic sight. I switched to this one last season and man what a difference in low-light this sight has made!

Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

Unless you really need the pins, get a 3-pin sight or a single pin sight depending on your bow. I like less clutter and I've chosen the "wrong pin" before and missed in the heat of the moment.

If money is tight, the newer Tru-glo sights are just as good, very bright and easy to adjust.

If you're getting more technical, I love my HHA single pin. Sword, Spothogg and Copper John are also great sights.

i like my vital bow gear Orecal (spelling) not sure if the make it any more. very bright, almost too bright. all aluminum too great sight IMO

Look at Shaffer's Fiber Optic sight. I switched to this one last season and man what a difference in low-light this sight has made!

Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

That sight is flat out awesome!

I have had a spot hogg hogg-it and I didn't like how the pins adjusted. I prefer the axcel armortech sights. I'm gonna get a armortech hd pro soon