• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar Magnifier

Question

I know from reading the post last year that you guys dont like vexilars magnifier because of the distortion, but have any of you made your own magnifier out of glass to solve the problem?

5 answers to this question

Not everyone dislikes it. I have one on mine and I like it. True, it does distort slightly, but as long as you adjust the angle a little, it still works fine. I really like the fact that it helps keep snow and water out of there. It's a lot easier to wipe off that lens than to try to wipe down inside the face of the vex.

[This message has been edited by hunt4food (edited 11-30-2002).]

I like my mag shield, too. If you don't look at a angle, it is fine. You can really pick up light signals with the magnifier, too.

It also doubles as a dirt shield, keeps snow and water out too. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Skeets (edited 11-30-2002).]

I use gold cellophane wrapping paper that you can get at any dollar store. This when unrolled has a light amber color which is see through. I carry toilet paper for obvious reasons with me and when the screen gets wet just swipe it off. No more maggies, sawdust, snow, water and ice in my lens anymore. After cutting a large 8" x 8" square center over the center of your unit's lens and keep piling on the rubber bands so that it's nice and snug. Work the rubber bands on individually it will tighten the cellophane across the front of the face of your unit as you apply each band. Trim excess. Good luck...

[This message has been edited by CNY Tim (edited 11-30-2002).]