• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing jig molds

brainard6

I have been looking for some ice fishing molds and for what I have seen its not the jigs im looking for. The thing im looking at is having a die and machine company make some for me. Does anyone know a company that would do something like this and what should I expect to pay for something like this?

If you can draw it or even better have a protype a silicone mold can be made easily. You can make a polyester resin master cast so you can reproduce your silicone molds when they deteriorate. One other option is to take an existing aluminum mold and alter it. That is very easy to do.

You should be able to make a lifetime supply for yourself. If you are planning on mass production you should have an aluminum mold made. Your post said ice fishing jigs so I assume they are small. Silicone will break down with heat. The higher the heat the faster the breakdown.(bigger jigs=higher heat) Vulcanized silicone gives you more longevity. It just depends on how many you want to make.

As some body that has made their own jig molds for walleye and crappies , the time factor in making jigs is time consuming. I dont mean to discourage you cause there is a lot of satisfaction in making your own. I would only make the investmentin molds if you were considering it as a business, There are places on the web to purchase different styles and sizes of panfish jigs and paint them yourself. With that I would get a couple friends and family together and split the cost. It does get kind of ADDICTING!!

As some body that has made their own jig molds for walleye and crappies , the time factor in making jigs is time consuming. I dont mean to discourage you cause there is a lot of satisfaction in making your own. I would only make the investmentin molds if you were considering it as a business, There are places on the web to purchase different styles and sizes of panfish jigs and paint them yourself. With that I would get a couple friends and family together and split the cost. It does get kind of ADDICTING!!

I do have many different mold now so I know what the cost of doing this is. Im just looking for some smaller jig molds. As you would noticed alot of the jig mold out there are not typical ice fishing jigs. I even have talked to a person at a company that sells molds and they dont make any ice fishing molds. He said the jigs are too small and they really dont have a big market for that. I was surprised to hear him say that but whatever. Im looking to make these just for pleasure..I would not be making these for profit, but you are right it is addicting but I guess I can think of worst this to do.