• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats you favorite Crank bait.

DRH1175

I have dozens of favorites depending on the water I'm fishing, moon phase,(if fishing at night) and the time of year.

I agree with Borch, my favorite is whichever is working at the moment, and it changes frequently. I don't any lures that I "always start with", it changes depending on where and when I'm fishing.

My favorite baits to catch fish on though are probably Reef Runners - love the action, love the colors, love the names.

For me, Like I said depend on the lake or time of year...

Rapala SSR, RSR, SR, RSR Jointed, #11 Floating Minnow, #13 Floating minow, #12 HJ, #10 Xrap.

Rattlin Rogue Shallow Floater, Super Rogue.

Thunderstick, Deep Thunderstick Junior

Salmo Hornet, Minnow

Bomber Long A

Reef Runner Little Ripper

as a shore fisherman, the only time i use cranks for walleye is during the spring and fall. my favorite are jerkbaits, xraps in size 8 and 10. Clown , Gold, Glass Ghost, Hot Steel, Silver, and olive green produce the most. but i have had luck with hot head, hot pink, and perch.

other than the x-rap... i would say lucky craft live pointer. expensive lure at over $20 each, but well worth the price. i cant even count how many fish i caught using them. largemouth, smallmouth, pike, and walleye go crazy over them

they suspend at a certain temperature, so they are great for spring fishing.

I've got a boat, but there is something about fishing spring and fall walleyes from shore in waders that just rubs me the right way...

Rapala X-Raps, Rapala X-Rap Shad Shallows, Rapala Husky jerk-baits, Smithwick Mr. Walleye Rattlin' Rogues, Yo Zuri Pins Minnows, Yo Zuri Crystal Minnows, Matzuo Phantom Minnows, Matzuo Zander Shads..... In all colors and sizes which will be used dependent on depth, water clarity and moonlight.

When I'm on the boat. Reef Runners, Rapala Minnow Raps, Rapala Tail Dancers.... Again, in all colors and sizes.

1eR

Thanks perch. That Real Roach color caught my eye. Had to have it, and then 3 other patterns that have produced in the Hornets, and both sizes, of course. Haven't unpackaged em yet. Might have to give one a fair shot. If nothing, bring rest back. Shallow Raps are always good to go, just looking for new patterns in a similar lure. Thanks for the reply.

how deep do the shallow jointed frisky's run? they were a bit bigger than what i was hoping for in size. I just can't keep the small 6-14 inche walleyes off of my shallow shad raps.

They run about 4-5 feet. They do really have a nice action to them. I like the size myself for walleyes. The small eyes will still hit them but so will the big ones.