• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre Debut??

FISHINGURU

what is your opinion?

my take on it is he looked like a 40 yr old with 3 days of practice on a new team....i bet he had to be nervous coming into the dome as a MN viking with all the hype even though it was just preseason.

his arm looked pretty strong, the ball had alot of zip on it and he had a quick release...he says he's more concerned about his legs then his arm...i'm guessin it will take him a bit to get back into football shape.

nice thing is he'll understand and know how to run any play in the book.

the players seem to all look up to him as a leader and soak up anything he's willing to say.

looks like the refs were up to season form for us though lol...cassel was 2-3 yards past of line of scrimmage when he threw that ball...couple other plays also...we might of gotten away with one on the last play of the game though...tough call.

Haven't you guys paid attention for the past 17 years? He RARELY gets hurt, and when he does, he plays through it. He is the Ty Cobb/Cal Ripken of football since he hasn't missed a game in years. He will be fine

Liked what I saw out of him. He is working with receivers that he doesn't know and they don't know him. Once they get the feel for each other, things will improve drastically. This week will be much better for everyone involved!

As for Tjunk........once good game does not a quarterback make. Think he has proven to everyone that he is about as streaky as they come. Up and down isn't going to win us a championship. If nothing else, maybe improve his trade stock so we can get something decent for him!

#4's timing was off and he better get in shape and not rely on his "previous years" of experience to detour a sack.

Cassel looked good, and yes he stepped over the line. Tjack looked good too. Thing about Tjack is that he's inconsistent. One play he looks stellar and the other he looks like a JV QB from some no name high school. Will the real Tjack please stand up!?! I didn't watch that much of the game though. How did Booty look? I wonder who's going to be cut?

if T-jack keeps playing that good, Favre could be an expensive back up.

If it where not for having Childness as a head coach, your post would be just good humor. When you have a coach like Chilly, who succumbs to public whining, acts like he is running for public office, you never know till it is too late wink

Farve is doing just fine IMO and will do fine this season.

brett-favre-vikings.jpg

Quote:
if T-jack keeps playing that good, Favre could be an expensive back up.

I must have seen a deferent game. How can a QB be 6yds over the line of scrimmage and not know it? I know he was working on moving the ball down field but come on, It can't be one or the other. Then with 7sec on the clock for the first half and he throws the ball to the center of the field. This isn't collage ball, you can't just go down to stop the clock, someone has to touch you. That was just a pass to pad his stats nothing more. A 30yrd completion to nowhere.

I'm not sure you noticed but Favre has already made his pay check back for the NFL.

Favre is not a NFL God. He is just one player on a team!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHHHHHHHHHH...muddog don't bring that kind of stuff up to the junkson fans!!!! the kind of things your talking about would take awareness and leadership....jackson is mobile and has a great arm though!!!

the final drive was something where the pressure was on...only place you can't throw it is in the middle of the field with no timeouts.