Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Best Whitefish/Tullibee Lake

5 posts in this topic

I'm hoping to target one, or both of these fish this winter. What are some of the better lakes to target them? I'm interesting in the north central part of the state, but am not too picky. Thanks.

is whitefish the same as silver bass if it is go to traverse lake take as many as you can!

We always seem to catch a few in the deeper bays on Leech. Usually tulipees in the deeper water and whitefish on the shallower flats. We used to see schools of big whitefish cruising while perch fishing and they are a hoot to catch and great smoked. The last few years we haven't seen nearly as many though. There may be better lakes in the area that others know about, but Leech is the only lake I have fished up there recently. We used to catch lots of tulipees on Mille Lacs and I heard they are coming back but I have not fished that lake in years so am not positive. Other than those two, and a few lakes in Canada, Winnie is the only other place I have caught stinkfish (general term I use for either)in.

Adam, whitefish and silver bass are 2 different fish...both very fun to catch, but not the same.

I've caught some whitefish on the main basin of leech, but I don't know how well the lake has rebounded since the '07 die off.