• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Firefox 3.5

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Question

16 answers to this question

I tried Chrome and wasn't impressed. And the new FF is not that much different. It does give you the option of for private browsing where your PC accepts no cookies, nor tracks history. And of course there are less security holes.

I've switched to Firefox a few months ago and I like it much better than IE. I like the ability to customize and it has a far better assortment of personalization add-ons and of course the speed difference is what really sold me up front.

Edit: Oops. Too quick on the submit button. I've never tried Chrome yet. From visiting the HSOforum I thought it looked a lot like a clone to IE.

I second all comments about FFox. Got sick to death of IE8 and its predecessors and finally made the switch a month ago. Would never go back. FFox markedly faster and cleaner, just as friends had been yammering about for last couple years. Go for it!!

Since Chrome came out I haven't been back to Firefox. The only thing Chrome lacks is support for some routers where you configure the settings via the browser. At least that's the only shortfall I've found in my use.

Since Chrome came out I haven't been back to Firefox. The only thing Chrome lacks is support for some routers where you configure the settings via the browser. At least that's the only shortfall I've found in my use.

I think the lack of upgrade plug-ins is also another down fall of Chrome. Firefox has a ton, but I have heard/read that is changing soon.

I just switched over from AOL and IE, to Firefox about 2 months ago and really like it. Hard to break the habits of opening the old browsers, but have noticed a positive difference in surfing speed and options.

Yep, you where one of the reasons I switched. You brag it up so much, I figured it was worth a try. I got into Firefox when we where talking about video capture awhile back. Another neat plug-in/feature of Firefox.

Yep, you where one of the reasons I switched. You brag it up so much, I figured it was worth a try. I got into Firefox when we where talking about video capture awhile back. Another neat plug-in/feature of Firefox.

You don't need FF to do video capture. wink