Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hazzard

New fish house- Dinette in the back or fold out couch

13 posts in this topic

I am having a new house built and in my old house I had a dinette in the back that folded in to a bed. Most of the time I would leave the table down and use it as a couch once in a while we would set up the table to play cards. I will save a little space by going with the couch but will I miss the table option?

I have a bench on each end with folding bunks above with stove/oven on side wall and a small bench across from that. House is 8 by 16 with 8 holes house is very roomy in the middle

for walking around and kids have plenty of room to play on the floor.

As far as I'm concerned, the rear dinette is a waste of space. It's not made for fishing. You spend more time sitting with your legs hanging off the end, and get no back support. The table is a little too close to be comfy, too.

But, that's just my opinion. I'm sure others like it. If you spend more time playing cards with rattle wheels down rather than jigging, I'm sure it's the way to go smile

My shack has 2 built in benches on one of them Im making a new top that fits over the existing bench that I can pull out and give me a bunk

the dinette i think is the way to go, put the tabletop on a pedestal so you can remove it, drop the top down and used it as bunk bed. hinge the seat tops on both sides for added storage.

My old wheel house had the bench in the back. My new one this year has the dinette in the back. It is only wide enough for about one person on each side of it, so it is only about as wide as a bench. This way I can have a table if I want or use it as a bench. I do think that it will be used as a bench more than table though so the dogs can be up there and out of the way.

I am thinking that I will like this set up better.

"hooks"

my next house will have the dinette setup you see in campers. a "booth" style where the table drops down into a bed that will sleep 2. Good for playing cards on and eating when the fish arent biting without sacrificing sleeping room.

As far as I'm concerned, the rear dinette is a waste of space. It's not made for fishing. You spend more time sitting with your legs hanging off the end, and get no back support. The table is a little too close to be comfy, too.

I completely agree with hoverman. The first year I had my house out I didn't have time to build my dinette so I put a love seat in it. The next season I made a dinette that turned into a bed. You have 0 back support while fishing unless you put your back to the wall and let your legs go straight out but now you cant see the hole. If I can find a deal on a fold out love seat I will be pulling the dinette out.

I will miss the storage that was under each bench and the table but not the back ache.

the dinette i think is the way to go, put the tabletop on a pedestal so you can remove it, drop the top down and used it as bunk bed. hinge the seat tops on both sides for added storage.

Thats the same setup nearly all campers have inside of them. Makes sense.

Duke,

Only you can answer your own question? Did you need the table more then the couch?

Why not have the couch and add a flip up table to play cards on?

I put a jacknife couch on top of my hinged benches so you can still use it for storage when it is time to sleep flip the backrest over and it makes it a double bed.I have this on both ends of the house i can hold 6 people just fine for visiting and sleep 5 with bottom bunks and top bunks.

I am a fan of a bench/couch where the back can fold up into a bunk. You get tons of storage under the bench. If you want a table for cards or eating, get one of the fold up tables and mount it on a wall.

I've got a dinette in the back of mine but I was sure to put a fishing hole under it. When we aren't using the table, we take it off and put it in the closet/bathroom in the V front. It's "my" spot to fish since it was my idea, I have a big padded bench to sit on, a rod holder on the wall next to me and another bench accross from me to put all stuff on for quick access or a rod change. If you build it right you can get multiple uses out of it. Turns into a bed easy and the bunk above it folds up out of the way for plenty of light.