Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carpmanjake

one of the coolest experiences ever

11 posts in this topic

so today i was out carp fishing, i was laying in the grass about 10 feet from my rod waiting for a bite. and i start dozing off when i hear a bald eagle doing its chirping "kee kee kee kee" kind of call. i open my eyes right as it lands in almost right next to me, and only about 20 feet up. it sat there and "sang" for 30 minutes. it spotted a carp near shore (this lake is known for carp feeding right next to shore) and it flew down and got it. went back up in the tree, and started eating it. it was such a cool experience! i have never been that close to a bald eagle in the wild, and i have never seen one catch a fish or anything!

That eagle was probably checking to see if you were ready to eat yet. That sounds pretty cool though.

Great experience, CMJ. That's what being in the outdoors is all about!

Sounds like an awesome experience, but where the heck was your camera? whistle Just being there to see it is actually rewarding in itself.

Sounds like an awesome experience, but where the heck was your camera? whistle Just being there to see it is actually rewarding in itself.

it was set up on a small tree ( i picked up a tripod that has legs that can wrap around stuff such as trees. (LOVE it by the way! perfect for a shorefisherman like me)

Nice looking rough fish in your avatar Jake,

very cool, that memory will last a lifetime!

I had a similar experience, i was casting a snagproof frog and a eagle started hovering about 30 ft up checking it out as I hopped it over the matted vegetation.

later it found a pike somewhere and it landed on a stump and started ripping it to shreds.

Here you go Jake, now you can tell them you had your camera ready, ow and say you were mistaken about the carp, it was a sun fish

3565422306_e477c3ae33_b.jpg

what a fantastic experience!!! your one lucky dude!! I would be in awe of such a sight!!! I have seen eagles, and had the pleasure of photographing them as well,, certainly not that close though!!! very cool story!!

Hwood, nice shot!!!