Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hazzard

Boat seats in wheel house

14 posts in this topic

I have seen a few wheel houses with boat seats in them but I have not fished in one. Is this a good way to go?

I have seen a few wheel houses with boat seats in them but I have not fished in one. Is this a good way to go?

I thought about doing that in my houses, but didn't. In a way it would be a good idea, like in a toy hauler. Move the seats out of the way when the wheeler comes in. It can get pretty spendy if you put all pneumatic cylinders on all of them.

I am still in debate about putting them in my next house.

I like using the smaller wheeled office chairs with arms. They are adjustable for height and you can roll hole to hole!

i have seen them in some fish houses that remove for the atv to fit in the back just like BIG BUCK BUSTER Said

I am thinking about one or maybe two in my next fish house still not sure tho

I did like Glockwinger. I use rolling computer chairs that have been disgarded, recovered and repaired. I have 2 new boat seat bases in my garage that were destined for the house, now they'll go onto the 'toon. I can always get to the "hot end" of the house on the rollers! Phred52

I just bought a rolling computer chair for my deer stand and I'm thinking it coming out after deer season and going into the fish house. I don't think you can get much more of a perfect chair for ice fishing. You can roll from hole to hole tilt back, have nice arm rest and give good back support. I will be so comfy in my stand I hope I can stay awake. sleep

it just may be me but sitting in a crappy boats seat for 4 hours is noooo fun at all.. i like the puter chair idea.. might have to try that..

I like the computor chair Idea as well.

I just bought 2 (flush mount) pedistool bases that matched the ones from my Alumacraft Tournament Sport seats. I just use my boat seats in the wheel house and they are pretty comfy and have the adjustable ride too. Just have to cut a hole in the floor and seal up the bottom of the base with silicone.

office chairs could cause some damage rolling around during travel...boat seats are locked in place.

You just lay the computer chairs on their side when traveling!

Boat seat are not the most comfortable to sit on for hours, go with desk chairs.

I would only use the fancy captains chairs for the fishhouse if I was going that route but the price of them would probably make me change to a different type of chair like the computer chairs...

my portable seats are amazing (Frabill R-TEC) and in fact I just order 2 of them for my wheelhouse. Price was allot less than I thought they would be. The plan is to weld up about 4 floor mounts and just use 2" solid aluminum round pipe for the uprights with a flat bracket on top so you can screw the seat into that. I have found you can easily spend 150-200 bucks per seat by the time you are done purchasing all the mounts and brackets. I will post some pics within the next couple of weeks when I get this product done.