• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

can you hunt spring lake?

If your talking about spring lake that is backwaters of the Mississippi off of highway 55 yes you can but that lake gets so much pressure it is tuff and you have to be out there really early to hold your spot. And your still not garinted to not have some yahoo come in and set up right on top of you. Trust me its happened to me quite a few times. But if you think it would be worth a shot then go for it.

If you are talking about the Spring Lake is a Backwater of the Mississippi, it can be hunted, gets tons of pressure.

Lots of vandalism has occurred to trucks and trailers at the landing in recent years.

IMO it is not worth hunting, too many idiots.

If this is the Spring Lake west and south of Proir Lake I think that it is in Scott county and I used to hunt it in the early 80's late season on the west side of the lake but its been years since I've even seen that lake but would think that it would still be leagle to but I may be wrong.

Backwater area gets a lot of pressure but during the week late in the year it can be great. My duck hunting has dropped off the last couple years but hitting a cold front late in the year during the week is very much worth the early rise and idiots out there. I have never had any problems but I have never been down that way on a weekend. I can only imagine.

All I can say is late season mallards really get my blood going