• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Biggest fish this year?

I have heard reports and seen a few photos of some of the mid-50inch fish that have been caught this year. Can somebody post some pics of those hogs? What lakes have they been caught on? Any lure over another catching the big ones? What is the true measuring mark for a large musky, weight or length, or some combonation as some long muskies are thin?

A large musky depends on the person who caught it I suppose. You'll get varying opinions from everyone you ask, it's definitely a personal question.

Some of the bigger fish this year that I've seen have been from northern Minnesota and from west central Minnesota. I don't know the lake names, but that points you in a general direction. There are big fish all over the state, even a few in Illinois if you look in the right places I'm sure.

also, time on water and being right place right time has far more influence than the lake and the lure. don't get caught up on one lure or one lake that someone did well at on one particular night

as far as pics, my avatar was this summer, 52X24

Nice fish indeed. We are going to try our luck on Vermilion in a couple weeks. Don't need a 50, though it would be nice. I ahve been shutout so far this year. Had a little one nip a bucktail boatside yesterday, most action I have had all year. Caught 2 in one day last year, July 5th. Only two fish I've caught. My brother landed a 40" on a sucker last fall. 25-35 full days later, a couple nibbles, one that got off on a topwater, but nothing boated. I hope Minnesota turns the tides.

Ryan Mitchell,

Trust me, fish the spots that I had pointed out before and ask the people at the lodge for weed spots by where you are staying and you will see fish, getting one in the boat will depend on how seasoned you are in musky hunting.

One other thing. If you catch a fish on vermilion, there is a good chance that it will be over 45 inches, dont be suprised if you boat multiple 45 plus inch fish if the conditions are right during your trip. At the same time dont be suprised if you dont catch a fish.