• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

G5 Broadheads?

DonBo

Time for me to upgrade my broadheads along with the new bow. Don't even try to talk me into a mechanical head, moving parts and broadheads don't make sence to me.

Who shoots the G5 Striker? They are really expensive, are they worth it? Do they really fly like my field tips? Do they come with extra blades or do I need to purchase seperately? How easy are they to replace?

Let's hear some reviews.

like most others, you have to buy replacements. aren't all broadheads expensive? u can get stryker pre season heads. i shoot strykers and rage, depending how i am hunting. both fly like my field points, when the bow is properly tuned. if i was shooting fixed blades, they'd either be strykers or montecs. the sharpener that g5 makes puts a surgical edge on them babies!

If I was going to shoot a fixed blade broadhead that I could sharpen, I'd choose the Magnus Snuffer SS over the Montec. Really similar broadhead, but Magnus stands behind their product and the Snuffer and Snuffer SS is extremely proven and has stood the test of time.

I shot Strikers last year and I really liked them.

As far as which ones to choose- if you want to choose a broadhead you sharpen, pick the Snuffer SS or the Montec. If you don't, the Striker is an excellent choice for replacable blades.

The extent to which they will fly like a field point will mostly be determined by how well tuned your bow is.

strikers fly spot on with my field tips, killed a decent buck last year with it, made a nice pass thru... i think the replacement blade kit is like 14.99$. i guess i'd rather replace blades than re-sharpen, because when i put a new blade in, i KNOW its straight!

Well, I went out and bought some Strykers. Man, do they shoot nice groups compared to the old Thunderheads! The third group I shot at 20 yards and almost had a Robin Hood. They seemed to impact the same spot as field tips, though I only shot a handfull of them at the shop. It'll be all broadheads for now till Winter Leagues start in January.

I shot the strykers for the first time last year and feel the performed well. My only dig is the big box retailer located in my area doesn't carry replacement blades in stock they have to order them in, which when I asked was 4-7 days "if" they have them at basecamp or the main distribution center. Twenty bucks for the replacement blades and a 4-7 day wait or 35 for 3 new broadheads without having to order them. Pretty sneaky if you ask me:)

Tunrevir~

You'll like the strikers. I went through a pack of them and they all worked perfect. Pass throughs on every shot. I have switched back to rage though because of the cut they make. The deer I hit with the strikers were all hit perfect. I have and will make a bad shot on a deer at some point. It's part of the bowhunting. When I do make that poorly placed shot I want a bigger cut to better the chance of recovery. At the same time I don't blame you one bit for not trusting mechanicals and think you picked one of the best performing fixed blade heads out there. Good luck!

I always thought it was strange that shops would sell the broadheads but not the replacement blades. Love my strikers, fly well, blades lock in solid, and no tiny screws! A local surplus store is now carrying the replacement blades for the 1.125" cut but I was going to try the mag blades this year for the added cut area. Furthest shot for my stand is just shy of 30yds so if the larger blades still fly well I'll make the switch.

In my opinion, you just can't go wrong with G5 products. I have used the montecs for years. I just bought a pack of strkyers a few weeks back and they shoot just as good. Minimal adjustment with my bow. I don't think I have a favorite between the two yet. I sure I will by the end of the season. wink

I bought strikers this year after using rage last year. Plus the girlfriend started bowhunting this year so i needed a COC style broadhead. After shooting them next to field points with both bows the conclusion was... there keepers! we mixed and matched fp and broadheads while shooting and when you walk up to the target you have no idea which one is which until you pull them out. Now i hope they perform well in the field, but from the reviews im sure they will.