• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FL-18 question

Question

I purchased the FL-18 this past spring and since our ice was poor I never had the opportunity to use the unit. On this site I have heard many complaints about the bottom reading changing and I have heard that Vexilar has a new update to correct the problem. Since I have never used the unit I dont know if my unit has a problem I would hate to find out later. Does anyone recomend that I send the unit to vexilar for the update. I am not sure if everyone has had the problem but I hate to lose the machine during the short but valuable ice fishing time we have here. Thanks for the information.

2 answers to this question

Mako,

I would take the time to send the unit in for the upgrade. Most likely, it will need it.

Contact Vexilar thru their HSOforum, Vexilar.com.

You pay shipping to get it there, they pay it back. Turn around is about a week.

Good Luck,

Skeets

[This message has been edited by Skeets (edited 11-30-2002).]

I had the problem with my unit but never updated.I needed it last winter and did not want to give it up and this summer it was just lazyness.
A couple days ago I brought my trolling motor down to The Motor Clinic in Bloomingtom and found out that that is also VEX Headquarters.I asked if I was to late to get the updated chip to fix the problem and they said no.They also added that if I brought it in they could fix it while I wait and would only take five minutes.
Motor Clinic phone# is 952-881-0898
They are located in Bloomingtom at 200 W.88th St.
Give them a call.I am sure they can tell you if your unit is one of the problem ones.They are a great company and stand behind their product.

[This message has been edited by fishhead (edited 11-30-2002).]