• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

problem with boat trailer

Brad B

does anyone know of any welding shops that would be able to weld a new spindle on my boat trailer. I was coming back from a lake that was 3 miles from house when I blow out one of the bearings and when it happened it chewed up the spindle. one shop I talked to refused to weld spindles. I was told to find a complete new axle but I don't know if Midi Trailers are still made (mine is a 1994 model)

Take the axle off. You can go one step further and grind the weld and remove the spindle. Go another step and get the replacement spindle. Now you've eliminated the headache for a shop to find the spindle, get in his car to go get it.

Now look in the yellow pages. There will be plenty of guys that will take your business.

thanks everyone for suggestions but I am happy to report that I found a place that will build me a complete new axle with brand new hubs for only $160.00. they are redneck trailer supply out of st cloud. I will have it in 2 weeks and in the mean time I will be bored since I can't get out fishing. Thanks Again.