Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benhaag

Wow!

16 posts in this topic

Terrorist convicted in 1988 bombing released on compassionate grounds

August 20, 2009 4:57 PM

(NEWSCHANNEL 3) – The man convicted of a deadly terrorist bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland in 1988 is out of prison and back at home on Libyan soil.

Abdel Baset al-Megrahi was released Thursday on compassionate grounds, he is dying of prostate cancer. He was convicted in 2001 of taking part in the bombing of Pan Am flight 103 on December 21, 1988 and sentenced to life in prison.

Eleven people on the ground, along with all 259 on board the flight were killed.

Among those victims were 15 people from Michigan and two West Michigan natives, including 34-year-old Army Sergeant Mary Smith from Kalamazoo and 19-year-old Pamela Herbert from Battle Creek. Herbert was on her way home from a study abroad program in London.

The White House released a statement on Thursday saying it "deeply regrets" Scotland's decision.

Yeah, and to top it off, they showed on tonights news, the sc*mb&g got a heroes welcome when he landed.

Makes one wonder. Should have just left him there to die where he belonged. That is like Pi$$$ing on the graves of the victims.

It's a well known fact that the Europeans are the most civilized people on the planet...... .

It's too bad the plane didn't blow up at about 26,000 feet.

It's a well known fact that the Europeans are the most civilized people on the planet...... .

LOL funny

From what I have heard, the people over there weren't real happy about it either.

That leads me to believe there were forces at play behind the scenes........

So now the reason for letting him go was allegedly based on an Oil deal?

Once again, the Dollar has more power than reason or morality? Is there no shame left here?

none and every country is held over the all mighty $$$ and that is usually what makes the decisions,...it's sad and it's a reality, which makes it more saddening

It is discusting that something like this would happen with the US involved in a post 911 America. To me it shows that those in power at this time do not have what it takes to lead us.

It is discusting that something like this would happen with the US involved in a post 911 America. To me it shows that those in power at this time do not have what it takes to lead us.

Jiggin,

Unless you posted this from Scotland, the people who made this decision are not leading us!

Exactly correct. Our leaders did not turn him loose.

I do not see how anyone can blame the U.S. for him being released unless their eyes are closed.