• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what do you think?

We use a Cabelas Northern Flight blind on our 16' alumacraft fishing/duck boat. It really works slick, and comes off with four clamps, one in each corner.

We tried several "Home built" blinds, and while they worked, they are just plain not as easy to use and comfy as the Northern Flight. We also got it on sale on one of their tent sales, so that helped price wise. Otherwise we have also just thrown burlap and camo material over gunwales and that works. The blind just works so darned good for overhead flying ducks, they just cant see anything, even if you leave thermos and shell boxes and sandwiches wink and whatever lying on the floor. With out a blind that covers you from above, you are letting them see lots in the boat, I think.

Anyway, your rig is looking good! If you have about $250-$300 the Northern Flight and some fast grass would be my advice. We got it all on sale and have about $175 into the whole thing, full of fastgrass as camo.

Nice.

If you don't want to make your own camo boat cover they can be purchased pretty cheap (I got mine for $14).

As for a blind, I've never rigged up a boat blind yet(always mean to but never do). We use sheets of camo burlap or other material, stakes, and clothesline clips. That way you can adjust size and shape depending on the spot and whether or not you are hunting out of the boat or standing.

5810_118452252414_603617414_2405294.jpg im not done yet but think itl work??

should work pretty good but you might be a little far off the water grin

check out the unclaimed frieght places they usaaly have the camo motor covers cheap and as for a blind find some conduit and a bender and your on your way

I figure that camo paint on the inside of the boat is at least as important as the outside. Look at it from the bird's point of view. For a blind, I just drive stakes in the water around the boat and hang old burlap around it. This can be set up quickly. Then if you move and rock the boat, the blind material isn't rocking too. And to motor after downed birds, you leave the blind stuff in place and head out unencumbered.

You may want to put some dark stripes in there to make it look like it has some shadow to it. Look at any of the camo patterns and they all have darker colors to break things up. Or go stand looking at some cattails and you'll see it. Black paint in a narrow brush just sort of put on in strokes mainly vertically will make a big difference. I agree with other posters that you need to do the inside and maybe even go a bit further down on the outside. Some have written about using some of the bedliner products to make the floor a bit less slippery.