• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fantasy Football "Sleepers"

FishingwithJake

Benson is a starter with no other back challenging him. I'd say he's a great sleeper, fantastic value

Other sleepers would include LeSean Mccoy, Ray Rice, Donald Brown, Anthony Gonzalez... lots of late round WRs that I like

The Jets D is gonna be fantastic this year

Hakeem Nicks now that Burress is gone will be a mid-late rounds pick in most leagues, and lets be honest- with Burress and Toomer gone, who else does Manning have to go to? Hixon and Smith will be ok, but Nicks is gonna be a ROY candidate.

I like the Jets D as well. I also think the Chargers D is going to have a great year. I like the Vikes D but in our auction league, guys will spend some $ to get them, I'll sit back and watch them battle, and I'll grab the Jets or Chargers for much less.

I also like Jeremy Shockey this year. He's only been drafted in 65% of the moch auction drafts I've done. Shockey is in a high powered offense and still has legitimate value. I've picked him up in the late rounds for less then $2. I also like Dustin Keller (NYJ).

All good choices IMO, but after listening to Charch on KFAN last saturday, 2 concerns is with Palmer and Benson. Palmer didn't get the surgery for his injury last season, and I've got a feeling the Bengals will pass alot this season when there is no running game behind Palmer. Benson is ok but I wouldn't call him a sleeper, unless you do the auction league, but if your just doing a regular draft there are so many running backs in the late rounds that you can get a quality RB later on that will be better than Benson. Guys like Sporles, Bradshaw NYG, and Johnathon Stewart, just do your research. But back to Palmer whats scary is he could really have a career year if he stays healthy but he could also end his career if his injury reoccurs.

Also you gotta look at players who are handcuffed, such as a Bryan Westbrook if you take him, plan on drafting LeSean McCoy as your back up, as the 2 will get plenty of time this year...same goes with Bradshaw & Jacobs, Barber & Felix Jones, and any of the RB's for the broncos. All the sites I have looked at says to load up on RB's right away but really depends on how your league is set up, but I am planning on going after a WR right away as there are only 10-12 elite ones and then the talent drops considerably..my sleeper for WR is Roy Williams, hes seems to be really falling through the cracks, and has no TO this year. And if your looking for a solid WR in the mid rounds i think TJ Housh will have a solid year with the seahawks. Also another sleeper at TE is Minnesota's own John Carlson for the seahawks.

I also like Jeremy Shockey this year. He's only been drafted in 65% of the moch auction drafts I've done. Shockey is in a high powered offense and still has legitimate value. I've picked him up in the late rounds for less then $2. I also like Dustin Keller (NYJ).

I drafted Shockey last year, dropped him 2 weeks later. I avoid TE's (unles they are a top 3 or 4 TE) like the plague. I am in a TE=WR league though

All good choices IMO, but after listening to Charch on KFAN last saturday, 2 concerns is with Palmer and Benson. Palmer didn't get the surgery for his injury last season, and I've got a feeling the Bengals will pass alot this season when there is no running game behind Palmer. Benson is ok but I wouldn't call him a sleeper, unless you do the auction league, but if your just doing a regular draft there are so many running backs in the late rounds that you can get a quality RB later on that will be better than Benson. Guys like Sporles, Bradshaw NYG, and Johnathon Stewart, just do your research. But back to Palmer whats scary is he could really have a career year if he stays healthy but he could also end his career if his injury reoccurs.

I hear your concerns, but look at what Benson did even without Palmer last year. You are talking about a back that gets the ball on the 20 and on the 1.....not many backs like that around as late in the draft as Benson.... Sproles, Bradshaw and Stewart sound like a lot sexier picks, BUT their touches won't equal near what Benson's will unless the starter gets hurt. I don't see Carolina matching what they did last year, so Stewart has less value for me unless I own DWilliams as well..... Comes down to how you value the guys I guess.... I'd take Benson over the other 3 right now..... if Cincinatti's offense rebounds..... only looks better to me, pass happy offense or not

Benson is a solid pick, but I wouldn't call him a sleeper as I don't think he has the potential to have a huge year, but is great value where he's getting drafted.

Ahmad Bradshaw - Will see plenty of touches even with a healthy jacobs. You can take him in the double digits and get a guy that has a shot of giving you 40-50 and a touch every week. He's explosive and effective with his touches. I think he'll end up around 1000 total yards and 9 tds which would be great value.

Shone Green - TJ is getting old and he WILL be a stud in the NFL. Hopefully it's this year.

Jamaal Charles - Good back getting overlooked because of LJ and taken very late in drafts.

Chris Henry - I'm drafting the thug this year if I can. He's got plenty of talent and sounds like he finally got his head on straight. Coles in the slot and ocho running coverage off will open it up for him. Hopefully Palmer comes around.

Donald Brown - Will be the starter/majority of touches in Indy. Might take a couple weeks.

I'll go deep (not getting drafted).

Legeduu Naanee - WR San Diego - Look for him to have some big weeks. Don't know if you'll get a huge season out of him, but he could definitely surprise.

Dewayne Jarrett - WR Car - Nobody's talking about him, but he's got plenty of talent. Smith will be doubled as always so it's up to him and Mush to come through.

Okay, our fantasy football draft is approaching so I thought I'd find out who your fantasy sleepers are for this season. Here are my sleepers for each position:

QB - Carson Palmer, CIN

RB - Ray Rice, BAL

WR - DeSean Jackson, PHI

TE - Visanthe Shianco, MN

D/ST - NYJ

Carson Palmer a sleeper? The guy is an absolute stud quarterback. He is coming off an injury but you can't call him a sleeper. If Palmer played for a real nfl team you'd hear as much about him as Brady and Manning. Maybe more.

palmer is a high risk /high reward player, he hasn't done much the past couple of seasons and his schedule is always tough.

you can consider him a sleeper if you see all the other qb's that go before him in drafts....when he's on he's a top 1-4 qb...but in drafts he's like the 10th qb off the board sometimes even more.

sucks he lost TJ and chad isn't getting much better or younger!!

Quote:
Chris Henry - I'm drafting the thug this year if I can. He's got plenty of talent and sounds like he finally got his head on straight. Coles in the slot and ocho running coverage off will open it up for him. Hopefully Palmer comes around.

Bump this, I agree he can have a great year if Palmer's arm doesnt fall off!

I also agree with Green & Donald Brown gundy, they are both great late round value picks. But one problem Green has is Leon Washington is a beast too, so there is a good RB tandom for the Jets...like the Giants had last year with Jacobs/Bradshaw/Ward.

Another note how did everyone else's draft go (if you have drafted already) ????

I already had mine, I made some mistakes and wished the draft would of been held a few days after I read some more fantasy football info. Also glad I didn't nab Brady or Cassel, both are already off to injury prone seasons! Thats why the NFL preseason needs to be shorten..