Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tony Holland

Overseeded Grass on Monday will it be ok??

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am a newbie house owner and have a old tired lawn, my plan was to hopefully requivenate it this fall. I saw the rain and cooler temps coming for this week and decieded to start my fall overseeding project.

I rented an areator and core areated my whole lawn, went to bachman's and bought enough of the correct seed to cover the lawn. On Monday i used a broadcast spreader to spread the seed, applied starter fertilizer and watered each area for 45 mins or so.

Now in plymouth we got all that rain almost 2 inches on wednesday is my overseeding project going to be a wash or am i ok?? I was hoping for rain just not quite that much.

Thanks

Tony

Tony,

If the seed stayed on the lawn you should be good. All too often when you get these kinds of rain you get a wash off.

The best time to seed is now and it sounds like you did good prep work so watch and enjoy the fruits of your labor or in this case grass.

Since you plugged your lawn first you should be in good shape. But any time there is that much rain seed can get moved around.