• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

ROFLOL smile

I'll quote a few Vikings fans who need to eat a little crow....

This might be a legit arguement, comparing INT's, if Jackson ever threw the ball more than 3 yards downfield.
Originally Posted By: EyeGuide
You're right stats don't lie but has TJack ever looked like he halfway knew what was going on?
Originally Posted By: machohorn
58 are you T-junks brother? you seem to be the only one here with faith in him. Kidding and all in jest but his passer rating stinks, he got yards but take away YAC and he only throws 40% completion ratio with less then 8 yards, after that it goes way down
Originally Posted By: Muddog
I said it before and I'll say it again.

Let's just see how many of his throws go beyond the line of scrimmage and on third down how many passes go beyond the first down marker. Free saftys seem to scare the heck out of him.

Sorry I didn't quote the all knowing FISHINGURU laugh but that's because he's a closet Packer fan along with a few other name callers, but he has a little crow to eat as well.

T-Jack proved you all wrong tonight. T-Jack looked pretty good. I'd say he looked better than Favre tonight. And where was Sage????

Way to keep after em fishin58

Gooooo t-jack!! The problem is that MOST vikings fans are bandwagoners!! I always thought it was funny how if t-jack threw just one interception everyone would be booing! In a perfect world, qb's would not throw interceptions, but it happens! give the guy a friggin chance! he has a hell of an arm!!

Favre didn't look so good against the Chiefs secondary.......

They had a full-on blitz every play Favre was in, not to mention the last play for #4 he had one-on-one coverage but the KC defender didn't get called for interference on Favre's intended receiver. That could have gone for six easy.

What's the deal with T Jack getting all the pass plays, yet when Booty came in it was hand-offs. Seems like the deck was stacked against Booty, or were they going for broke with T-Jack hoping he'd complete some passes to raise his trade value????

Time to sell!!!

LOL LIMIT,

Gotcha...

I knew you'd come in with the excuses for Favre,

Never saw you do that for T-Jack smile

Sooo, you are a closet Packer fan laugh

Quote:
So Pier why dont you tell me now what im suppose to open my eyes and see

I'm not much for piling on in these instances but I have had a couple of soda's today. grin

I am expecting a FULL retraction on the absurd and very vehement, without a doubt we're all wrong Quote by Jim that Sage Rosenfel is clearly better than T-Jack.

Sorry but... before the game the numbers don't lie and of course now we ALL know that statement you rammed down our throats with 8 RANTING RANTS that O'Reiley woulda been proud of... grin not to be the case. Sage may be better but I'm not sold on it just yet my Friend/Friends

Sage's last season stats... 6 TD's 10 INT 79.5 Rating.

T-Jack's last season stats. 9 TD's 2 INT 95.4 Rating

In fairness to Sage he did average a WHOPPING 1 yard more per completion last season than TJ...

Sages career stats 30 TD's 29 INT 81.2

T-Jacks career stats 20 TD's 18 INT 76.5

So after 5 more years in the league Sage has a 4 and change QB Rating lead over TJ and the TD to INT ratio is in T-Jacks favor although modestely.

Clearly better eh Jim?

Man up James!!!

I nominate Fishin58 to be the next Vikings head coach...the guy knows Football! Congrats me boi! And enjoy the hot fudge topping T-Jack laid on the haters AGAIN tonight!

In all seriousness T-Jacked looked like he did at the end of last year "play-off game not with-standing" which was quite good!

I still believe due to salary Cap ramifications and money vested in Sage T-Jack still could be the man out! Business is Business.

7th round pick and rising eh boys...ROTFLOL~~~

We have may to start a T-Jack versus Favre thread .. wink

Isn't Fishingminnesota Fun..Nite y'all!

hey limit.....that is exactly what happened to jackson last year! Downs 1 and 2 were running plays and third down was passing down, seemed it was that way every series! and that is pretty predictable if u ask me!! T-jack would do just fine if the coaches would run a normal offense for him like they did tonight!!

Fishin58 isn't alone. I think Jackson still has some learning left to do, he hasn't had a bunch of above average Qb's to learn from since he got here.

Don't the Vikings have a quarterback coach? It's always seemed to me that a young QB "learning" how to do it from an accomplished veteran is like expecting your one-year-old springer spaniel to learn how to be a bird dog by hunting alongside the field champion. Sure, there are benefits, but you only get a great bird-dog with solid training, and you only get a great QB the same way. Some veteran QBs are excellent at bringing along youngsters. Others suck at it.

that a girl MS. Jackson!!! way to make yourself look decent so we get a better draft pick when the world is watching!! junkson has always played ok when there is no pressure...we all know favre is the starter so there is no pressure....sage was resting his ankle...he has nothing to lose anymore...no reason to choke.

boy tjunk showed us all wrong tonight man....what a preseason performance!! big players step up in big games!!

boy tjunk showed us all wrong tonight man....what a preseason performance!! big players step up in big games!!

whistle

Here it is, the preseason on the line. Two receivers left and right. T Jack takes the snap, he steps up, he's all by himself, fires into the endzone....caught, TOUCHDOWN! NOOO!!! NOOOO!!! The Vikings have given the Chiefs their second loss of the preseason!

HiHi.gif

T-Jack played well tonight...I thought Booty did too. It will be really interesting to see what the Vikes are going to do with their q-back situation. Booty may have more value right now than T-Jack on the trade front. Who knows?

I hope they keep Reneaud (sp...I know). He seems like a play maker who will help this team in the return game too. His game was alot like Harvins when he was at West Virginia.

jackson has always played decent, just that fans didn't give hime a chance to perform! i can't wait til favre starts to show his age at about week 10 and he starts to suck it up, and the fans turn against him like normal vikes fans do!! I hope it doesn't happen but more than likely it will! i do think that AP will go for 2000 or more this year with favre as qb!!

My take on Jackson is he's young and inexperienced, he's athletic, has a strong arm, and he's improving .... in his recent games he's had more good games than bad games.

I'm glad Farve is here so we don't have to rely on Jackson, but I don't think this is the time for the Vikes to give up on Jackson.....

Completly agree with you perchjerker.

Steve, of course Bevell has been around training Jackson but at the same time these lesson also need to be seen in game situations. Coming from a very small College he wasn't NFL ready, not even close. He only got to watch Johnson for what 13 weeks his rookie year, he didn't exactly get flooded with how to handle game situations. Hearing from a coach and seeing it happen in a game are two completly different things.

My take on Jackson is he's young and inexperienced, he's athletic, has a strong arm, and he's improving .... in his recent games he's had more good games than bad games.

I'm glad Farve is here so we don't have to rely on Jackson, but I don't think this is the time for the Vikes to give up on Jackson.....

You're common sense is always refreshing in ALL forums. Good observation and I concur.

Zep I'd have to believe T-Jack has a lot more Trade value than Booty and that is only reason we would consider trading him over Booty. As much as I liked the Sage signing at the time I sure wish we could turn the clock back on that blunder. Of course we didn't know for sure Favre was coming and had to do something.

Not unexpected that usual poor sport excuse making minions would continue their non-sense. Same ole same ole!

So now T-Jacks PERFECT passing rating game "158" doesn't matter but Sages 1 week training camp run and a decent Pre-season quarter anointed him the starter and the better of the 2 qb's.

Sad and pathetic to say the least!

We sure could use another reciever or two. That would make all of our QB's look better. Sure hope BB's injury isn't all that bad or we're in BIG trouble!

T-Jack has to be bumming if it not for Favre he woulda rapped up the starting gig tonight just like Rick and Fish have been telling us would happen for while now..... Cruel game!

Reports were saying that the Vikes would be LUCKY to receive a 5th round pick for Jackson...more than likely a token 6th rounder. This is not my opinion, it's the general consensus from people who follow this type of thing and report on it. Take it for what it is. It doesn't get much lower than that guys...one pre-season game isn't going to change this much. IMO, Booty could get us at least that from another team as well...there are some really bad back-up q-backs in this league right now.

Jackson did play well but let's all stop drooling all over ourselves here...one performance certainly isn't going to wrap up anything for the guy and to say anything to the contrary is just plain PREPOSTEROUS. wink

Tjack had a great preseason game!!!!!!

Big deal, he had a horrible game last week. Next week he'd probably throw for 4 pics and fumble it twice. He's still Mr Checkdown in my book. His pass to Shiancoe in the endzone was a dead duck he threw off of one foot that easily could have been picked.

Although his other pass to Reynaud for a TD(even though it was YAC) was an awesome one, he's still going to be the inconsistant meathead I cussed about last year. I'm glad he did really good last night, his trade value went up.

If he was seeing blitzes, and blitz packages like Favre was seeing, he would have taken 5 sacks, coughed up a pic, and would have looked like a fool.

that a girl MS. Jackson!!! way to make yourself look decent so we get a better draft pick when the world is watching!! junkson has always played ok when there is no pressure...we all know favre is the starter so there is no pressure....sage was resting his ankle...he has nothing to lose anymore...no reason to choke.

Now that's just plain silly logic to try and justify your insane attacks on T-Jack.

Eat Crow nicely not like you wrote above kicking and screaming with more junk.

T-Jack has the most pressure of his football life. He's playing for his career now. It's funny how to you sage is just resting his ankle and it's just an excuse for T-Jack when it happens to him. Give T-Jack credit where credit is due, but you can't even manage that. At least try to be credible FG smile

Leechbait, the first touchdown he was running for his life and made a leaping pass-very athletic and almost Favre-like, the YAC touchdown you mention was threaded between two defenders and thrown 30 yards on a rope. It was a beautiful play!!! Why diminish those plays unless you are trying to justify your previous errors in your statements. smile

I'd say we have one old hall of fame QB who is going to sell tickets for us, one improving QB who may prove to be a decent starter, one top-tier journeyman QB, and a solid year 2 QB.

I heard Favre was brought in because of T-Jacks injury issues.