• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

Real impressive, in 3 years worth of games you've brought up a win against the 0-16 lions and a game against the cardinals who at the time had packed it in for the regualar season. You are right dude, and everyone else here is wrong, what are all of us missing? LOL.

If you watched that game the other night, (and remember i've been telling you this for months now that Sage would do this), and can actually say you didnt notice the control Sage had of that offense and how crisp his reads were and did things with no hesiations, and how vintage that game was of Jacksons career, than i really don't know what to say. I have told you for months that Sage can read a defense, and that he would be sharp. Its not some flash in the pan performance like Jackson occasionally has. Its not some big surprise that he looked like he did. Dude, what exactly are you watching?

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For starters I'd open your eyes James. Talk about picking and choosing...

Good one James ... wow Sage had a less than spectaluar quarter of football. WOW he really proved he's better than T-Jack ... amazing!

Highly doubtfull Sage will put up T-Jack Numbers IMO, 9TD's 2 INT a 96 QB rating and NFL PLAYER OF THE WEEK... just admit you guys were wrong about T-Jack and he proved it down the stretch last season...PERIOD. Oh but thats right he was horrible against the best defense in football at the time in the game against the Eagles.

Maybe you should coach the Vikings? LOL!

So james, would you have preferred Gus to stay in the Game and the Lions be 1-15....I will hang up and listen.....Just look at TJ's 3 years in the NFL, he has gotten better every year. You really cannot be that blind. This was goin to be TJ's year. But wait, lets try another journeymen QB in Sage. Good answer.....Lets take a look at his first 3 years.....wow, what fantastic numbers he put up.

But, instead Bert comes in on his white horse.....and now there is not much we can do about that now. Hope his arm doesnt fall off.

Last year was supposed to be Jackson's year. I agree that teams are too focused on the "perform now" mentality, but in my opinion, you can tell within a year or two if a player is going to blossom. No doubt that Jackson has gotten better, but the team mostly benefited from the emergence of Adrian Peterson.

Maybe Jackson truly could be great if you gave him enough time, but most of us doubt it. Most of the elite QB's in the league have shown their stuff by now. Jackson has mostly shown poor decision making, a lack of commitment (Williams calling him out last season for not putting the time into preparing), and failure to lead the team.

I didn't say that Jackson never won a game, so feel free to keep trying to pick apart my post. However, a good QB should be throwing for 3-4 TDs per game with AP behind him....not once per career.

Throwing for 3 or 4 touchdowns per game is a 48 to 64 touchdown pass season ---- how many good quarterbacks have done that???

Last year was supposed to be Jackson's year. I agree that teams are too focused on the "perform now" mentality, but in my opinion, you can tell within a year or two if a player is going to blossom. No doubt that Jackson has gotten better, but the team mostly benefited from the emergence of Adrian Peterson.

Maybe Jackson truly could be great if you gave him enough time, but most of us doubt it. Most of the elite QB's in the league have shown their stuff by now. Jackson has mostly shown poor decision making, a lack of commitment (Williams calling him out last season for not putting the time into preparing), and failure to lead the team.

My goodness, you tell me where this magical QB machine is and we can both be rich. SO almighty wise ones...is Sage going into his 9th year and is still "not getting it" by many standards...

We have been through how many times...How many QB's come in and have success? I will be willing to bet Flacco or Ryan fall on there face this year.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Just a reminder. T-jack didn't exactly come from a Pro Ready College QB Factory. Last I saw Alabama State wasn't in that category.

T-Jack is supposed to be a three year project, just ready to start this year. It takes time to learn to read defenses especially if you come from a small run oriented small time college. Just ask Brett Favre who was traded to the Packers from Atlanta. He wasn't so hot at it until Holmgren got a hold of him. Some Jets fans would say he still isn't after his last 5 games last year.

I certainly hope Sage can read defenses after 9 years in the NFL.

I'm glad Favre is here for you guys, otherwise you'd be crying in your soup when T-Jack was named the starter. I'm glad too because a developing QB can have a few painful games. Besides T-Jack got dinged a bit too much for me. laugh

What are you talking about? What more did you want Sage to show in the time he had? Less than spectacular?

If you had read anything i've posted in the last months you would have seen that for months i said it was going to be clear that Sage was going to be the starter. Unlike some of you guys, i've watched Sage in the past couple years. It was a year ago that Texan fans wanted Sage to be their starter because he had performed much better than Schaub and Sage stayed healthy. 4 times in the last 3 years Sage had come in to games for one reason or another and led the texans back from 21 points or more. Its clear that he at least has the ability to read a defense and complete passes against defenses that knew he was going to throw the ball. Dont even begin to tell me that Jackson has shown this at all in 3 years.

So Pier why dont you tell me now what im suppose to open my eyes and see. I was fully behind Jackson last year because last year he gave the vikings the best chance to win. As soon as Sage became a viking that changed. If Jackson had proved anything to the coaches or to anyone else that he could play, Sage would not have been traded for.

You don't have to be an NFL coach to clearly see who is the better QB. You probably have had to watch both QB's though and i would guess you havent....

What did i pick and choose on? Do you want me to go directly and get the stats from some games of Sages? That would be picking and choosing.

Pier why don't you tell me how i was wrong? If Jackson had proven he could be a starter why did the vikings trade a 4th rounder for Sage? Why didnt they just pick up a backup QB from free agency? Why did the vikings feel they had to make a trade??

I know this might be beyond you fishin, but last year Jackson gave the vikings the best chance to win and i wanted him in the game for that reason.

Hes gotten better? Ya, ok, how about you tell me how many NFL teams this guy would start for. The rumor i've heard is that the Rams might be interested in trading their 7th rounder for him, to be the backup.

If you think that Jackson will be anything more than a career backup your really nuts. I mean, will he even see a 9th year to a career such as Sage? I'd bet not. When you realize the fact that jackson is no more than a backup then you might be able to comprehend how a journeyman QB is clearly a better QB...

I'd also like to hear fishin58's and pier's reasons why the general feeling is that the 9th year man in Sage will be sticking around to be the backup to Favre while the 4th year man in Jackson is the odd man out? Why would the vikings get rid of the much younger guy who is in your thoughts the better QB?

You guys can have fun with this because the fact that the much younger Jackson seems to be the odd man pretty much says it all. Like i said its all a moot point because Favre is here and Sage is going to be his backup....

We can all type/talk til were blue in the face but unless your name is Zygi or Brad, YOU do not have a choice. WHo says he is the odd man out you? Other speculaters? He is in a contract year, so there are many hoops to jump through.

So this ability of Sage to read a defense...how come he only has 1 more Td then int???? Someone as super smart as him....it should be at least a 3:1 ratio or maybe a 5:1 like the way you talk about your special friend!

Quote:
As much as this boils your blood to no-end. I still think T-Jack when healthy is our 2nd best QB and I don't see Sage throwing for 9 tds and 2 intercetions with QB rating of 96 anytime soon like T-Jack did last year...

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Let's just see how many of his throws go beyond the line of scrimmage and on third down how many passes go beyond the first down marker. Free saftys seem to scare the heck out of him.

This might be a legit arguement, comparing INT's, if Jackson ever threw the ball more than 3 yards downfield. Can you see anything more than face value? I'd like to see a count on Jacksons completion to INT ratio on balls he threw over 12 yards. Not TD to INT, but completion to INT. The man wasnt even allowed to look at more than 1/3 of the field on any given play because it was too much for him. You can't be an effective NFL QB if thats all you got! He got benched for over half a season....for Gus Frerotte....who isnt even on a roster right now.

Is it hard for you to seperate the fact that I never said Sage was any kind of savior, heck i never said he would be anything more than the worst starting QB in the league. That i was simply saying he was going to give the vikings a better shot at getting the job done than with Jackson? Can you comprehend that? It doesnt seem as though you can. More than lifting Sage up, im saying Jackson isnt a starting QB. Again, as soon as you can comprehend that Jackson isnt a starting QB in this league you might be also able to comprehend why a career backup is a better option!!

Favre won't help the Vikes UNLESS they open up the playbook. Run on first down, run on second down, then constantly put your QB in 3rd and 7 and run a bunch of 8-yard pass patterns. It doesn't matter who is at QB. You can put Brady, either Manning, Favre, or anyone else back there...unless the Vikes put more than about 8 plays in their playbook, and stop puting their QB in 3rd and long constantly, none of them would be any better than T-Jack.

And if they do open up the playbook, maybe T-Jack could be a good QB. I wish we knew enough to make a judgement call on T-Jack...

As bad as some people seem to think he is, he was a 'project' QB from the start, and is 10-9 as a starter. I'm not ready to jump on a T-Jack bandwagon, but I'd like to see him given a half-a$$ chance with some decent play calling before throwing him under the bus.

Are you comprehending anything or should we change your name to zigichili_walleye. Get off your high horse, those are simply the stats and they dont lie.

If your talking about all these 3 yard passes....go back to your precious 10 of 13 for 91 yards and see how many went to a WIDE RECIEVER.

I too would like to see TJack play a few more games, just not for my team. He might have the physical abilities to play but I don't think he'll ever have what it takes up stairs. How does the saying go, "you can't fix stupid" grin

Are you comprehending anything or should we change your name to zigichili_walleye. Get off your high horse, those are simply the stats and they dont lie.

You're right stats don't lie but has TJack ever looked like he halfway knew what was going on?

Simply stats, and simply you can't see beyond the surface LOL. You can think for yourself you know......

Here i'll give you some stats and you tell me that they are the whole truth:

Phillip Rivers led the NFL in passer rating, Chad Pennington was 2nd. Drew Brees was 4th and Petyon Manning 5th. You going to tell me that Rivers is the best QB in the NFL? You would take him over Brees? Shaun Hill had a better rating than Cutler. You going to take Hill than? Come on.....

D'Qwell Jackson from Cleveland led the NFL in tackles. Hes the best LB in the NFL??

Randy Moss was 21st in the NFL in yardage for recievers. You going to take 20 recievers in the NFL over Moss??

Do i need to go on? Don't tell me simple stats don't lie. But i guess when you've never watched Sage play thats all you can go on. Had you actually watched the guy I could at least give you some credit. But your debating this topic and you've never watched him play!!??

i think you should stick with tossing $.79 spinnerbaits to random shorelines on your favorite bass lake, something you, or anyone else for that matter, can have success at.