Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ate1cropy

Deer hunting question...

3 posts in this topic

What is the deal with deer hunting in Ontario? Ive read you need to use a guide if you are a non-res. I talked to a new outfitter owner and he was under the impression that deer hunting was just for the locals in his area. He was given 2 moose tags so I would think he'd be able to do some sort of deer hunt. Any imput on the subject would be great, thanks.

My copy of the 2009-2010 Ontario Hunting regs states on page 52 "non-residents must be accompanied by one licensed guide for each two hunters when hunting deer in the Territorial District of Rainy River. WMUs within the District are 9B, 10,11A and part of 7B and 12B." Basically you are talking everything south of Sabaskong Bay on LOW and on that lattitude over to the east side of the Quetico. You should be able to see a map by going to their HSOforum ontario.ca/hunting

It varies according to the WMU in which you are wanting to hunt. There are areas with no NR deer hunting allowed, some closer to the border which are guide required for NR, and unguided areas for NR. There are plans in the works for changes to the NR deer hunt, but not sure when or if they will actually happen.