Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishuhalik

CrappieMasters tournament results

13 posts in this topic

fishuhalik,

Went down to Norfolk Lake in Arkansas this past spring to a friends resort. He asked me if we wanted Crappie for dinner.

We went down to his dock and vertically jigged kastmaster spoons and promptly caught 3 crappies which was enough to feed 8 people. The Crappies measured 19", 21" and 23".His dock measures 50'x100' and essentially is structure for these monster Crappies. Had some large Walleyes down there as well - caught them the next day a few slips over. He lowered his Aqua View down there and it looked like an aquarium - yes there are huge Crappies and Walleyes down south!

juggs,

Not world record I'm sure but the largest weighed 4plus lbs. - can't remember the actual weight and they were pre spawn - no eggs at all.Just checked the world record Crappie - Kentucky 4-14 and 21" - ours wasn't as thick as that but fairly close. I always thought the world record would be a lot larger. I do have pictures and have been thinking about getting some replicas made for a 3 fish mount. If I figure out how to post them here I'll get them up.

juggs,

go to the three Oaks resort home page- they have a stringer of Crappie that some guy caught that have to average 2 1/2 lbs easily.

Two and a half pound average I don't doubt. You're talking a 15-17" fish, but a 23 incher?? Don't think so.

juggs,

Not world record I'm sure but the largest weighed 4plus lbs. - can't remember the actual weight and they were pre spawn - no eggs at all.Just checked the world record Crappie - Kentucky 4-14 and 21" - ours wasn't as thick as that but fairly close. I always thought the world record would be a lot larger. I do have pictures and have been thinking about getting some replicas made for a 3 fish mount. If I figure out how to post them here I'll get them up.

If you wanna email me a pic of them I'll put them up. jeff _ lynch 55 at yahoo dot com

MN State record is 5lbs, IGFA world record black crappie is 4lbs 8oz. The 4lb 14oz that was mentioned in a previous post was a hybrid so no IGFA record. Lots of state records are over 4lbs 8oz, they must not have been IGFA certified. A 23" crappie would be well over 5 lbs, Arkansas state records for whites and blacks are in the mid 4 lb range. No doubt at 4 plus lbs he would be close to an IGFA world record and state record.

fishuhalik, I'll dig them out this weekend, scan them and get them over to you, thanks.

TR21, here's the pic. BTW, TR21 corrected himself, it was 22", not 23".

NICE CRAPPIE!!! I'll admit I was a little skeptical of a 22" crappie, but unless you have tiny hands I'll believe the size on this one!

1251128684.jpg

fishuhalik,

Thanks for posting that for me. No small hands - I'm about 5-9 and 215 Lbs with average sized hands. As I mentioned to you, the other 2 pictures were slightly out of focus and didn't scan well. The walleyes we caught were nothing special - 4-5 lbs. so they weren't worth posting but they were very tasty!

Caught these on Memorial day of this year, along with some nice Stripers and some decent largemouth. The guy that owned the resort fished the BASS and FLW circuits down there and considered himself pretty good until he went up against the Van Dams and Iconelli's of the world. Thanks again.

wow that is a monster!! what ever the length that is a very nice crappie!!! Thanks for sharing the pic