• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

02 Honda Accord problem....

I disconnected / reconnected the battery last night, only to find that the factory is now "locked" and requires a 5 digit code to use it. I bought the car a few months ago, and don't seem to have the code in the manual, glove compartment, etc.

Tried calling a local dealer this morning, who wasn't helpful at all (she asked me if I had the code -- annoyed, I said "if I had the code, I wouldn't be calling you to get it")...

Anybody with Honda experience have some know-how to do this?

A huge thanks!

You'll need the Vin number, the Radio's serial number (should be on a sticker in the glove box or you can hold the one and six button while turning the radio on. you'll get a letter with four numbers and then another letter with four numbers, disregard the letters, the eight numbers are the radio's serial number.), the original owners phone number and zip code. If you can get all that than you can go to honda's HSOforum. Under owner services you'll see a link for radio/nav code. All the info you need is there.

If your missing any of that you can make a trip to the dealer with proof of ownership and they will be able to get it for you.

Thanks, Airjer -- I found the sticker and called a different dealer than the one I called this morning -- they gave me the 5 digit code over the phone --

Problem solved!

Thanks - huge help!