• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devil's Lake duck hunting?

We are thinking about a four day duck hunt near Devil's Lake. Need to find a small pothole that is easily accessible for fat old retired guys. If we have to pay it can't cost much.

Any general suggestions for duck hunting in that area in mid-October? Appreciate any help.

Why not Devil's lake it self? I never hunted it but my Tax man used to guide it and said that mid to more late oct. is some of the best duck hunting around and he also said to bring the fishin rod and rapalas and be ready for the really big walleyes and he was talking about fishing from shore.

I'm thinking of a trip out there for MEA week with the kids then a trip hopefully around halloween.

Check out Lakota Lodge in Lakota. It's just west of devils lake. Crazy cheap lodging with tons of waterfowl hunting close by. I see it's for sale now but it might still be up and running. If it is talk to Gene there. He's a great guy and might be be able to point you in the right direction as far as where the birds are. A hand full of years back he hooked me up with a private landowner and had the snow goose and greenhead shoot of a lifetime. That whole area up to Langdon is waterfowlers paradise.

Thanks you guys. Am still looking. I'd like to try to Devil's Lake area but am a little nervous about finding a pothole to use. We are too old and beat up to do much hiking around with a hundred pounds of stuff on our back etc.

I have been through that area and it DOES look like it should hold a duck or two.

I'll keep on looking and phone calling.