• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crestliner ReCall

Iceseeker

I got a notice today that my 1750 FishHawk was part of a recall due to a foam kit needing to be installed.

Has anyone had this done or know what is involved. I contacted the dealer but they do not have the kits yet and are looking for time during the winterization period.

Iceseeker

I am pretty sure that if your boat was involved and you are the original owner of the boat you would have received a notice from Crestliner. If you are third or fourth owner things could get sticky. Notices go to original owner and if original has sold the boat then Company asks that person to alert the second owner.

This just came to light in past few days so be patient. Near as I can determine it ONLY affects the ability of the boat to float upright and level when filled with water. It will STILL float, but might be bow up or down etc. Notice also says the retrofit will probably affect some of your storage compartment space. In other words: they are going to stuff more foam in someplace so boat will float the way the standards require.

Sounds like I'll rely on my insurance if it sinks. I'd rather pay the deductible than loose a storage compartment!

I'm guessing it wouldn't sink, but doesn't meet the "level" flotation standards. With all the heavy 4 strokes out there, they need to be sure it meets those standards in the most extreme cases.

- WIWF

Sounds like I'll rely on my insurance if it sinks. I'd rather pay the deductible than loose a storage compartment!

Musky - better be careful with this strategy. If there is a product recall and you fail to perform the update insurance will have good grounds to say you are responsible. Not to mention I'm not sure a lost compartment is really worth your (and your passengers) potential safety (IMO). Good Luck. Paul

Hey Shamalex, if I recall correctly you work for Crestliner. On my 1850 Fishawk, on the rear deck on the side with the starting battery, the deck is sagging in a little bit because there is no solid support under the compartment lids (battery storage door, livewell door, the other livewell door, then the oil compartment door). When my fishing partner is back there it has continued to depress further. Took a look the other day and discovered there is no real support underneath the livewell frame that holds up the compartment lids. Any quick fixes to support the weigh on the rear deck compartment lids?

Thanks

I have the same exact problem on my battery compartment lid Musky. Livewell and other storage compartment is o.k. but definately seeing the "sag" on the battery comopartment. Thought it was just from my brother fishing back there...he's 250 lbs but now am wondering...?

Here's the list:

04-09 14 Canadian tiller/sc

04-09 18 Canadain sc

09 167 kodiak tiller/sc

06-09 1600 Fish Hawk SC

00-06 1650 Fish Hawk SC

06-09 1700 Fish Hawk SC

00-05 1750 Fish Hawk SC

07-09 1850 Fish Hawk Tiller

04-09 1650 Sport Angler

07-09 1650 Canadian

07-09 1850 Canadian

03-09 192 TS SC

07-09 1850 Sport fish SST

marine_man

I have an '04 1750 SC and got the same recall letter in the mail. I have yet to contact my dealer though. I have no storage space to trade for any foam!

I also have some sagging in the rear compartment doors from standing on them. I was thinking of trying to better support them somehow this winter.