Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

I was a little disappointed

16 posts in this topic

Arriving at the landing last night I had a bucketful of beautiful chubs. One of which was HUGE. As WWG was dumping them in his livewell I said, "That big one has my name on it."

I waited right up until the witching hour and scooped the big fella out of the livewell. I would say it was about 10-11" and feisty!

Toss it out into the magic spot and it was kicking nicely. Next thing you know zip zip zip. Sweet!

......then nothing.

I pick up the rod and patiently wait for a signal of a fish on the other end. Nothing.

Give a little more pressure and I can tell I have a bait, but it's not moving. I say, "hmmm, pretty sure my bait got slammed and it's dead"

This is what was on the other end frown

IMG00068.jpg

IMG00069.jpg

3146616729_e25bf7ffd5.jpg

Think he just got ripped up by a flat? or was it something more sinister, like a snapper, that got him?

It was such a clean cut too. It looked like a scalpel was used.

The picture doesn't do it justice cause it was still alive and breathing even though half it's head was sliced off.

That is weird/cool looking; weird because they always seem to disembowl and eat the vittles before they start on anything else.