• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CLAM QUESTION??

Tyler23

i was thinking about buying a clam voyager but one of my buddies just told me he fished out of one last year and the roof sweated so bad it dripped the whole time? has anyone else had this problem or is there a way around this??

There is always going to be condensation when you have heat with only a thin layer from the cold. You either need to bring down the heat level, or cope with it using reflectix or something similar. All uninsulated "tent" type houses have this problem.

Reflectix for insulation on the ceiling inside will keep it from dripping on you.

Since adding this to my Otter Lodge, I the condensation problems disappeared during friged conditions. -16 degrees, no condensation and toasty warm. Should see the same type of results on the Voyager.

Pull the trigger, You'll love the size of the bigger shack over the Yukon or Guide IMO. That assumes you got something with plenty of room to haul the Voyager.

If the deal falls through, the Otter Lodge is a great option. You can pick up the old green/purple models up pretty cheap since the redisigned model came out last year. Great Shack & one of the most durable sleds available.

you allways need to use your vets in your fish at all the way allways but have some air moveing it ......it will help you keep warm the little bit of air blowing in will help move the hot air around in side the house

what size wild is that and how much heavier did it make the house

That is my Wild 3. It did make it a quiet a bit more heavy, but I can still put it in the back of the truck by myself.

I should put it on a scale and compare the two. The original seat was the bench. That thing is heavy by itself.

I made the new mod so I am able to remove it in the off season, and store that portion down in my basement.

Congrats on the Voyager purchase you will enjoy fishing out of it. Here are a few pics of what I did to mine. The weight coming out of the box new is 130 lbs. Fully loaded with all my gear it weighs 225 lbs thats 95 lbs more than stock.I wish I would have weighed it fully loaded before the mods that would tell me how much weight the wood added.In used to pull it out by foot power and haul it in back of my Ranger. Now it's on a trailer next to a used Indy XLT to do the pulling.There is a thread somewhere here with a ton of pics of different mods guys have done. I studied those pics hard before starting my mods.We all have the same equipement but everyones mods are unique.There is no wrong way just your way.Get out some tools and dig in it's a fun project.Post some pics as you go along.

PimpinthePorty006-1.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

008-1.jpg

034.jpg

PimpinthePorty001-4.jpg