Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
caocao

creek chubs

are you talking about the vermillion that goes through farmington? i have fished the vermillion for years, and i have never seen creek chubs in it. if your going to fish the vermillion, fish for pike.......its worth it

I've caught creek chubs out of the vermillion. Just fish the "lower vermillion". Anywhere east of hwy 52 all the way to Hastings is great chub water. Find a deeper hole, and you will find chubs.

thanks mudcat, is it ok for us to park our cars right by the bridges and/or streets? Looks like I'd be crossing lots of private property farms.

Think small. Small creeks. Water quality doesn't seem to matter much, I've caught tons of them from the Minnehaha Creek in Minneapolis to clear cold water trout streams. I tend to find them in shallow, rocky, faster water. Tiny jig and a piece of a crawler is dynamite.

Make sure you use a quality jig with a sharp hook, it makes all the difference when trying to collect these leapers. The other day I had a cheap bulk “no name” ice jig on and I must have hooked a dozen and they keep throwing the jig. I thought it was the hook, so I put another one on…..same thing.

I switched to a name brand “Northland” jig after that and didn’t lose a one.

Oh and the Vermllion does have chubs, but make sure you are fishing a section that is legal to take bait from since it is a designated trout stream.

good ice jigs and waxies are the ticket for me I ussally look for deep water on a bend and look for current. with the rain were getting today look for feeder creeks and current seams

I looked through the dnr trout stream map, found a small creek lower vermillion, which dnr allow us to fish. guess I'll try that spot.

I use to pull lots of then when I was fishing the creeks in Missouri. I use a worm on plain hook, then I set them to dry up on the hook, so I can reuse it over and over. Didn't know that they have them here as well. Sweet. laugh

What is the biggest creek chub any of you have caught? I caught a 9in creek chub earlier this summer. I was wondering if that would be a trophy creek chub. lol