• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone???????.......

Wow, Did nobody watch the race this weekend or is it just that it was a fuel milage race that most of the big names mismanaged that no one is talking about it?

I personaly missed it, but come on there had to be some drama?

Mark droping to 12th in points....

The biff and others getting more solid points footing....

The rat moving closer to that 12 spot.....

No one's got anything?

I am psyched for bristol!!!! Anyone else? Racing starting with the trucks on Wed. Come on give me something.... This place is starting to feel like a morge. Did someone kick a puppy????

Speaking of the new car, did anyone catch Jr's comments about the racing, or lack of, with the COT? You may not like Jr, but he speaks a lot of truth and his voice carries a lot of weight in the sport. NASCAR definitely needs to swallow some pride and work with the teams on making some adjustments to this thing.

I listened to the last third on Sirius. The announcers made it a bit more exciting than what was on TV from the sounds of it. I was surprised that Johnson ran out with three laps to go, but all the announcers were saying that it would come down to fuel mileage at the end.

I though the race was exciting at the end because no one knew who could make it on fuel. I was hoping Vickers would pull it off so it made for tense final few laps. I also thought the nationwide race was good, no one could have predicted what happened on the last 2-3 laps. Looking forward to Bristol, I dvr'ed the truck race last night and will have to skim through it tonight. I got a hunch some tempers will flair on saturday night! I really hope the 5 can finish well, he has to make the chase.

I'm pretty much new here. I hang out a bit in the photography forum. But I'm a huge NASCAR fan.

A couple of comments..

Michigan seems to always be a fuel race. Which really sucks. Anyone can win there, (even Jr.)if their strategy is right.

I have found the Bristol August race boring the past few years. The non chase contenders seem to tip toe around the contenders. But there's enough guys outside the bubble this year that could make things exciting.

Jr's comments on the COT?? Who cares. The big boys seem to be doing just fine with it.

Enjoy the race tomorrow folks. I predict that one the the Bush bros. to win.

Jr's comments on the COT?? Who cares. The big boys seem to be doing just fine with it.

Actually, the "big boys" echo the same thoughts of Jr, but Jr was the one that had the guts to say it. Jeff Gordon also agreed with what Jr said, and the problems with the COT have been mentioned here and there all season long by various drivers, crew chiefs, and owners. Mark Martin also spoke about the car's terrible characteristics and how NASCAR needs to do something.....either change the aero package or take power away. Most Cup drivers who race in the Nationwide series say those cars are a lot more fun to drive.

I particularly liked what Jr said about the caution that always seemed to fall with 10 to go which made the last laps interesting and apparently that was OK and the race was considered a success, but in reality 95% of the race was a snoozefest. The double-file restart has helped things but we need that all race long.

The car's performance sits on a razor's edge where just a little off either way makes for poor car and thusly a poor race. They have talked about weight balance and adjusting the limits of how teams can adjust balance. Others want to get rid of coil binding as that's how this car is designed to operate.

The Nationwide racing is much better overall with the old set up. Supposedly the new Nationwide COT is better than the Cup COT since NASCAR fixed a lot of their mistakes they made on the Cup ride.

The racing this year has been boring at best and not the NASCAR I grew up enjoying. This has essentially become the IROC series with sponsors.

i've been a racin fan along time met & drank beer with mark martin when he was 17 so that kinda tells ya how long i've been around

i get a kick outa how ever body says nascar should do this and that

and i agree with some of it but i think in reality we set in our living rooms or wherever you may watch it obvisously none of us were smart enuff to make it to the big time

i was a supervisor for a paving company i was the supervisor

but of course everyone knew more than me

it humane nature to critize

you know you cant pleeeeeeez all th people allllllllllllll the time

but if you really think married w/chirldren is better go for it i guess lol

i'm writing this while watchin my main man lead bristol!!!!!

I agree that the COT is not without problems, and the racing suffers from it. But Jr, is the last guy I'd want to listen to be complaining about it. If Smoke, Jimmy, Jeff or Carl were publicly complaining, I'd give it a more serious listen.

Jr. has more things to worry about than the COT. He's looking like a fool after leaving DEI and doing nothing in the best equipment on the planet with Hendrick.

You know what else I find god awfull anoying?

(other than sitting threw a very enjoyable night race with the biff and mark having a great race only to watch the brat win)

I hate the erra of the "start and park" cars. NASCAR "promises" the top 35 cars they will run, witch I dont like, but has a 43 car field for every race. Basicaly now we have 35 cars out to run and 8 cars that are only going to run a few laps or a single fuel run because they dont even have tires in the pit! Then they cash a giant check as a "thanks for comming gift"! I say take away the "top 35" and make them all qualify, then take the best 43 cars from there, but you have to make an attempt at finishing the race, non of this "start and park" nonsence.

If you make them all qualify, they will all be on an even playing field from the start.

"Actually, the "big boys" echo the same thoughts of Jr, but Jr was the one that had the guts to say it. Jeff Gordon also agreed with what Jr said, and the problems with the COT have been mentioned here and there all season long by various drivers, crew chiefs, and owners. Mark Martin also spoke about the car's terrible characteristics and how NASCAR needs to do something....."

HMMM... Jr, Martin, Gordon.. Dont they all drive for Hendrick? I havnt heard Jimmy complain in a while.. Lets face it. The 48 group has it together. The other teams, even those in the same stable just havent figured it out yet..

Im all for Martin gettin in the chase and havin a chance at the title. Given the fact that the playing field is level or at least very close, if a few teams can figure somethin out and be contenders every week it seems to me that all the others just need to do their home work and get themselves up to their level.. Just my thoughts.

The "big boys" that I'm talking about are all comfortably in the chase. Why would they complain? Jr. made a move that could make him or break him. He's riding with the best team/equipment on the planet. So far he sucks. No more excuses.

Brooky

With the crew change, Jr will be fine next season. Just wait and you will see for yourself.

Gordon went through it with Ray and boy if Jimmy lost Chad, it could take a few years for that team to gel.

To date, Jr is the only one with a set big enough to say something. The others are all thinking the same thing about the COT cars.

ya i'm not buying that cot stuff everybody has the same car

you can either make it go or you cant i think the cars that can relay info to the crew chief what needs to be done are the guys gettin it done thats why martin got in good eqiupment

and was fast right out of the box low buck teams like vickers have been gettin it done

kinda funny that jr has the 88 car going fairly well but then again i think kelowasski is the next BIG star coming

not sure he made the right choice with penske but he'll be up there soooon

Its funny then that the big car teams do not like the car. Thats what they say, not me.

I'm not trying to sell anything, just repeating what I have heard from the drivers.

Keselowski had no other choice to go with another team as Hendrick is full of teams. He had to go somewhere. He surely does not have to stay there as he can prove himself and write his own ticket if he is good enough.