• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikes record now with#4

machohorn

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
7-9 because Peterson has the worst hands in the league and it won't matter who the QB is.

I was right about the worst hands in the league!

But, you were wrong that it would cost the vikings 5 more losses.

Yeah, I was laughing when he fumbled in the Chicago game which cost them the win. Were you?

The guy was rookie of the year in '07, had a stellar ’08 year, and now this year put up the second best year for a RB in Vikings history.

Yep, worst hands in the league.

Hilarity laugh

When you run the ball like and as much as a player like AP does, you have more chances of dropping the ball wink

Life ain't perfect wink

What should they do? Stop giving the ball to AP crazy Ya, that would go over as well as a bull in a china shop with all you bandwagon, on&off, Vikes fans smirk

Just all static and scrambled noise to me. grin

Go Vikes!!!

Adrian Peterson is like a RB-clone of The Brent...high-risk and high-reward. The Brent threw so many interceptions in his career but balanced that with breath taking wins and heroics. Peterson puts the ball on the turf too much, but balances it with powerful runs and tons of big plays.

I have to admit that they are a great match.

But, you were wrong that it would cost the vikings 5 more losses.

Funny, there is an entire thread dedicated to his fumbling problems. Oh wait, now that they're in the playoffs that doesn't matter and we'll just go on our merry little way.

Last I checked the Vikings had two+ more wins then they should have due to the luck factor (that chart thingy that you didn't quite understand), so subtract that out and we're really looking at a 9-7 team.

But, how does one predict luck? I guess I should have factored that in to my 7-9 guess. Last year I would have been right on had I factored in the Vikings' luck factor. I never learn.... laugh

Luck is a coin flip or a royal flush, it is NOT a perfect downfield pass that is grabbed with the fingertips and brought down with tiptoes at the last second. Matter of fact, that is just the opposite of luck.

I just figure anyone who complains about AP & fumbles would be the kind of person to openly complain about what his (hers) spouse bought them for their birthday. smirk

Never satisfied wink

I think Jared Allen said it best in the post game interview yesterday wink

You haven't been keeping up, dtro. Not to go through all of this again, but luck was a loosely used word that actually meant random events that no human has control over. This was mentioned when discussing the "luck" rankings I had posted the other day as well as last season.

Shack - It has nothing to do with being satisfied, its about exposing the fraudulent season of Adrienne Peterson. 2000 yds? pfft. He must have forgot that he has to carry the ball for every one of those yards.

The Vikings would have the same record if Chestor Taylor was the #1 RB and they should consider themselves fortunate that Peterson hasn't had a real injury yet. More luck, perhaps?

Hey Limit,

What about bad luck?

What if Chester would not haver tipped the ball to the Pittsburgh defense and they ran for a touch down. There equals out the 49'ers loss.....

What are you so upset over?

Enjoy it for what it is, ENTERTAINMENT!

Bunch of grown men that are playing a kids game and getting paid millions of dollars to do it.

Mark

All kidding aside, the Vikings did do better than I expected them to with Favre coming in late on his white horse with saddle bags packed with skeletons and Wrangler jeans, including a suspicious throwing shoulder that I figured would have gone south on him earlier in the season.

Their cupcake schedule helped them out tremendously to get to this point and now is when the proverbial rubber hits the road (even though they backed into a home playoff game), so we'll see if it's really meant to be.

I'm all but certain that if they don't win the Super Bowl this year that it will all be due to the referees. I mean, what other reason did they have for those four losses this season? It surely wasn't because of just poor play or lack of game prep. Fumbles maybe? Nah...

solbes had it pretty freakin close...idk what you guys are talking about i just saw this haha.

11 and 5 sounds pretty good for me as well. Competing for a first round bye.

1- Clev, Win

2- Det, Win

3- SF, Win

4- GB, Win

5- St L, Win

6- Bal, Loss

7- Pitt, Loss

8- GB, Win (Best game of the year!!)

9- Det, Win

10- Sea, Win

11- Chi, Win

12- Ari, Loss

13- Cin, Win

14- Car, Loss

15- Chi, Loss

16- NY G, Win

It was interesting listening to the announcers during the game commenting on the Giants and that they most likely have their tee times made and vacation bags packed when they get back home.

The Giants players didn't give a rip about that game. 44-7? Big deal. They were merely going through the motions and the clock couldn't run out fast enough so they could get started with their off season plans. Just like last year the Vikes got a cupcake game to fall into the playoffs, and in this case, a first round bye (after Philly lost of course).

Backed in? Maybe not exactly, but they really didn't have to put up much of an effort to win that last game against a bunch of players thinking of warmer places and were fortunate that NYG didn't have anything to play for.

Anybody who thinks that this past game was some sort of statement is kidding themselves.

A 44-7 arse kicking against a team like the Giants is nothing IMO to be proud of. The last few games, the Giants have imploded with poor decision making.

I enjoy a Vikes win as much as the next guy regardless of the competition. But let's put the Vikes up against a team a little more talented this year.

Ok. I agree. The Vikings are the worst 12-4 team in the history of football. Most years thats a pretty good record, but I guess a lot of teams just didn't feel like givin it their all on Sunday. Say what you want, but this team is yet to lose at home.

Ok. I agree. The Vikings are the worst 12-4 team in the history of football. Most years thats a pretty good record, but I guess a lot of teams just didn't feel like givin it their all on Sunday. Say what you want, but this team is yet to lose at home.

Just like last year the Vikes got a cupcake game to fall into the playoffs, and in this case, a first round bye (after Philly lost of course).

Backed in? Maybe not exactly, but

You should pay better attention. This team had a division championship, and a playoff spot, wrapped up a couple of weeks ago.

Better stick with your wacky "luck-based" spreadsheets.

ya know the eagles looked like minn on sun..sun..and mon nite

just goes to show that ole saying..on any given sunday

so i guess the rest of the year just depends on which minn

team shows up to play

i think home field is going to help them big time!!!!!!!!