Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DonBo

Look what followed me home...

17 posts in this topic

...can I keep it?

DSC02289.jpg

My first brand new bow in a long time.

Mathews DXT. Extreme 5 pin site, Trophy Taker full containment rest, S Coil stabalizer, Hoyt lightweight quiver.

The guys at A1 Archery in Hudson, WI did a great job getting me all set up with the new rig. Can't wait to start running some broadheads through her tonight!

Quote:
can I keep it?

Absolutely not. Send it to me immediately.

NICE!!!

all the cool bow hunters shoot a mathews ALL OF THEM.. remember if its not a mathews... well you know... nice setup..

Sweet!! Keep us updated on how you like it!!! I've been kind of eyeing the new Matthews bows!!!

all the cool bow hunters shoot a mathews ALL OF THEM.. remember if its not a mathews... well you know... nice setup..

coolsmilegrin

I'll bet that thing sure is fun to shoot. Congrats I sure wish I could have one. My Mathews is 10 years old, it would be nice to upgrade.

I'll bet that thing sure is fun to shoot. Congrats I sure wish I could have one. My Mathews is 10 years old, it would be nice to upgrade.

My old bow was a 10 year old Mathews and I still love it, it still shoots great! Hopefully this one will treat me as well for a long time to come.

And yes, it is fun to shoot!

Oh I bet it will treat you good, Nice looking setup! Mathews sure makes an awesome product!! Congrats on the purchase.

Nice set up Don!!! I bet yer chomping at the bit to put a deer down w/ it!

Good luck this fall!

My daughter is shooting great out to 15 yards. Just have to get her poundage bumped up a little more and see how she shoots broadheads and she'll be set. We're really looking forward to Sept. 19th!!!

Brian

After shooting this new bow for the week I gotta say I'm really like'n it. It comes over as smooth as any I've ever shot. Back wall is nice and solid with no tendancy to rip the string out of your hand if you don't stay back on it. It's about 20 FPS faster than the old bow, shooting a roughly 400 grain arrow at about 260 FPS from only 55 lbs.

The release is quiet and stable with almost zero hand shock. The pin stays put on the target after release with no problem.

It shoots my G5 Strykers as good as my field tips.

I think the short axel to axel is gonna be a real benefit while hunting out of my pop up blinds that I find myself useing more and more as I get older. Even the new era of sight pins are so much brighter than the older ones that they also will be a nice addition inside a dark blind.

Overall I'm very happy with everything I've seen so far.

Can't wait to put that pin on a deer....

Brian, glad your daughter is into archery. Hope you both have a great season!