• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

electric ice augers

walleyesforever

Hello, I just ordered a wheel house this year. I thought I would look into an electric ice auger so I would not have the smoke, smell, and the oil in the house. Had one 30 years ago (slow). The way I am reading everything the Ice Gator head and the Nils blade seems to be the ticket. Or could I just put my lazor blabe on it when I want to use an electric one. Is the Nils that much better? Thank you for all your information. Rick

Hello, I just ordered a wheel house this year. I thought I would look into an electric ice auger so I would not have the smoke, smell, and the oil in the house. Had one 30 years ago (slow). The way I am reading everything the Ice Gator head and the Nils blade seems to be the ticket. Or could I just put my lazor blabe on it when I want to use an electric one. Is the Nils that much better? Thank you for all your information. Rick

If you were to purchase the Ice Gator, it will come with the addaptor for a hand lazer auger. If you have an auger from a powerhead, it will fit right to the Ice Gator with no addaptor. They make an additional addaptor for the nils for an additional cost.

not sure if these ideas have been brought to the table but the "limited use" that i had with them they reopened holes - well (not like my lazermag, but still good) but the most impressive option on there is that you can put the electric gear in reverse and shove the ice in the hole under the ice. thats my .02 gotta run

Jiggin

I have owned my Ice Gator for a whole year now with absolutely zero problems at all. Don't have to worry about spilling gas, flooding the engine, oil leaking, smelly fumes & trying to cold start it. I just grab it put it on the ice press the button and goes through ice like butter. In 24 inches of ice I can cut close to 50 holes before I even notice if it is starting to slow down. This is a 5 star product with awesome customer service, this will be the only ice auger I will own say goodbye to gas FOREVER!!!!!

I have the lazor 8" bit on mine and very happy