• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's Time for Gardenhire to go!!!!!

bassislife

I'm just going to give my 2 cents worth with this team that will never go anywhere in this league as long as Gardy's coach!

How long to we have to watch the bonehead moves he's made over the years! He's had great players to work with and has a hard time staying in 2nd or 3rd place in the leagues worst division!!

How many times do we need to see Nathan pitch when its a tie game with only 2-3 pitchers left to close out the game if it goes a few more innings!

How many times do we have to watch 4-million dollar Nicky Punto not get on base or get picked off when he gets on base.

How many times do we need to see great ball players like Morales as a back up cather only get pushed back down to AAA to get more seasoned when its clear he did better then Redmond did all year!

Who finally tells the dumb s**t that its time to let Buscher go after 2- seasons of doing nothing!

How long will we have to put up with the new rising power hitter Young that only hit 6-homers this year.

Didn't Gardy have a clue towards the end of last year when his pitching team when to s**t., but only decides to bring the whole pitching staff back this year for another chance??

My god... I coach little league and I could have won the division 3 years in a row with the players we had.

Must be politics, or guys like nicky fetching him coffee daily to keep his job.

Bottom line is this.... GARDY NEEDS TO GO!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are putting WAY to much stock in the Managers role in personel decisions. I think MUCH more of the owness of this horible team should lie on the GM.

The other thing to wonder about is the pitching coach. At the start of the season all the "guru's" were saying the Twins hand one of the top 5 pitching staffs in all of baseball. Now I am wondering if we have a top 5 in the AL central.....

I agree that Gardy makes a few bonehead decisions, but it's not guardy's fault, bartlett, garza, santana and hunter are someplace else.

Early in the year, our bullpen was struggling, so often times we ran our young starting pitching an inning longer than we should have, to save the bullpen. I predicted in June, this would wear out these young arms by August. Then you'd put alot more pressure on the bullpen, and eventually you'd have a completely burnt out staff.

It's not gardy's fault liriano doesn't pitch to contact, and continually runs to 100 pitches in the 4th or 5th inning.

It's not gardy's fault baker started slow with injuries.

It's not gardy's fault slowey went down with injury.

It's not gardy's fault perkins hasn't been completely healthy.

It does drive me nuts knowing the twins will lose if it goes to the 12th inning or beyond. Gardy doesn't seem to manage his pitching staff well for long games.

But it's not his fault crain can't buy an out. I think it will help getting neschak (spelling?) back.

I think Crede's injury plagued season was alittle predictable, but he's better than we've had.

It's a young staff, and we had to see what we had. They all showed some promise last year. I think most would agree we went into the season with 5 pitchers who would be 3's and 4's on other staffs. But you have to hope they mature and become 2's. Baker looks like the only one with potential shut down material, the rest are 4 run's + per game.

You can't win playoff baseball without atleast 2 pitchers who can completely shut down the other team. You have to have two studs that can realistically hold the other team to 2 runs in 7 innings, and the 3rd pitcher should be baker quality.

It's too bad we weren't willing to do what it took to keep santana. Add Lee, or halliday, with Baker as a #3... and you're very close. You have 5 guys hitting 20 home runs (potentially) and 2 in the 30's.

If you had kept Hunter/bartlett/santana/garza... we'd be right there. That's not guardy's fault.

Span is a nice outfielder/singles hitter, but he'd be a lot nicer hitting 8th.

I like cuddy's arm, and some of his hot streaks, but frankly, I've had about enough of his Joc Jones approach at the plate. When the opposing pitcher just walks the bases full, swinging at the first pitch, is inexcusable. He's a good guy, and has a firey attitude, but christ he's looked pathetic in an awful lot of 3rd base 1 or no outs situations. Strike outs and double play balls are way too common for many of the twins in those situations.

We're a long way off from a world championship... and I don't think it's gardy that needs to go.

I agree the Twins had to find out what we had with this young staff...problem is, now the whole league knows too. None of them are worth anything close to what they were at this point last year. This staff right now could potentially set the Twins back many years.

I agree Gardys not the one making the contracts, but with all the talent he's had over the last 5 seasons..... he didn't know how to use it!

We gave Gardy long enough to proove himself!!!

The only reason he's around yet is the lame division he's competing agianst.

If he was coaching in any other division, he'd have been home watching the games on TV years ago!

Rk Year Tm Lg G W L W-L% Finish

1 2002 Minnesota Twins AL 161 94 67 .584 1

2 2003 Minnesota Twins AL 162 90 72 .556 1

3 2004 Minnesota Twins AL 162 92 70 .568 1

4 2005 Minnesota Twins AL 162 83 79 .512 3

5 2006 Minnesota Twins AL 162 96 66 .593 1

6 2007 Minnesota Twins AL 162 79 83 .488 3

7 2008 Minnesota Twins AL 163 88 75 .540 2

8 2009 Minnesota Twins AL 118 56 62 .475 3

Total 8 years 1252 678 574 .542 1.9

No too bad of a record...Better then mine when I was coaching little league. shocked

I agree Gardy is just fine. Maybe a wee bit too emotional at times. Anderson, on the other hand..... I know he is Gardy's right hand man, but you need to wonder if change needs to be made you might start there, you can't replace the whole staff (that reflects on the fromt office). Of course on the other hand, It has been Twins philosophy since the TK days: just throw strikes, put the ball in play, don't walk anybody because walks will haunt you (and they do). But you just can't continue to just groove it over the plate, especailly if your arms getting tired as the season wears on (ala Blackburn on Sunday). Sometimes I think they need to learn how to "pitch" and not just throw strikes. There is a big difference between throwing quality strikes (and balls) vs. BP.

I dont think its gardy, i think they ned to put the people where they belong. he lhas lost alot of talent becuase there not a big market team, and they only have to rely on there farm teams to create players for a few years! There pitching staff is horrible, and Punto needs to stay home!

My vote is to keep Gardy. I like him as a coach. Of course he does things that make you scratch your head sometimes. So does every other manager.

My biggest pet peeve is his use of Nathan. Without that dominant setup man or shut down man in the bullpen, there are times when we get into trouble in the 8th. Bring in Nathan to shut down the inning. I realize this may make for a few less saves from Nathan if a game goes into extra innings, but so be it. The win is what's important.

It's a small market team that has had incredible success in this decade. The Twins will not be in contention every year, but this is not the fault of Gardenhire. You are foolish to believe that he "squandered" opportunities in the last five years. Sure the Twins have had a couple of studs on the teams, but their lineups have never been as potent as larger market teams. If anything, Gardy has done more with less year in and year out. No one could have predicted that all five starting pitchers from last year would have regressed as much as they have. I believe those that are in favor of losing Gardenhire do not understand baseball and the market dynamics associated with it.

It's a small market team that has had incredible success in this decade. The Twins will not be in contention every year, but this is not the fault of Gardenhire. You are foolish to believe that he "squandered" opportunities in the last five years. Sure the Twins have had a couple of studs on the teams, but their lineups have never been as potent as larger market teams. If anything, Gardy has done more with less year in and year out. No one could have predicted that all five starting pitchers from last year would have regressed as much as they have. I believe those that are in favor of losing Gardenhire do not understand baseball and the market dynamics associated with it.

Exactly.

I think Gardy, Anderson and the starting pitchers along with the people who hold the money purse have decided to give up the season this year and hope for the best pitchers they can get in this years draft.

I love it, another thread started on the demise of the Twinks! I say get rid of them all, Gardy, Mauer, Morneau dump that payroll Carl and think of the money you will save! You know everybody will come anyway with your new open air stadium and your April, May and September games all played in the snow. All your fans will bring their ice houses to the games. The Twinks will become the Cubbies of the American League, 40,000 "faithful" will show up regardless of the garbage you put on the field.

Your bottom line will look better than Wal Mart... Go for it Carl!

Shhhh (Kenny Williams, get your check book ready, I smell some bargains coming down the road)

I love it, another thread started on the demise of the Twinks! I say get rid of them all, Gardy, Mauer, Morneau dump that payroll Carl and think of the money you will save! You know everybody will come anyway with your new open air stadium and your April, May and September games all played in the snow. All your fans will bring their ice houses to the games. The Twinks will become the Cubbies of the American League, 40,000 "faithful" will show up regardless of the garbage you put on the field.

Your bottom line will look better than Wal Mart... Go for it Carl!

Shhhh (Kenny Williams, get your check book ready, I smell some bargains coming down the road)

As at Twins fan it hurts me to say its sad but very true

Rk Year Tm Lg G W L W-L% Finish

1 2002 Minnesota Twins AL 161 94 67 .584 1

2 2003 Minnesota Twins AL 162 90 72 .556 1

3 2004 Minnesota Twins AL 162 92 70 .568 1

4 2005 Minnesota Twins AL 162 83 79 .512 3

5 2006 Minnesota Twins AL 162 96 66 .593 1

6 2007 Minnesota Twins AL 162 79 83 .488 3

7 2008 Minnesota Twins AL 163 88 75 .540 2

8 2009 Minnesota Twins AL 118 56 62 .475 3

Total 8 years 1252 678 574 .542 1.9

No too bad of a record...Better then mine when I was coaching little league. shocked

In this division thats all it took. After he took over from Tom Kelly did the stats improve?

Bassislife, a manager is as good as his players. Do you honestly believe a manager has that much influence on a pro team? Give Gardy a solid second and third baseman and a decent pitching staff and you will be calling him the greatsest manager ever. With the limited resources he has jad over the years I think he has done very well. Oh and Windy, this is about the fourth time you have referred to Carl Pohlad in the present tense, he passed away last year - real classy! If you were any kind of a baseball fan instead of just a sox fan maybe you would know that. You Gone!

Bassislife, a manager is as good as his players.

What?? Are you serious?? you need to know the line up, pitching and who can play and who should go! Gardy has no clue what to do with this team! Its all over until we get a new COACH!!

If this team is lucky, it will only be 12 games out at the end in the worst division in the MLB!!