• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pressure washer rating

igotworms

I picked one up at Sam's Club that someone used once and returned and I was able to get for half price.It is a 5.5hp Honda and the original head was good for 2600PSI but that ended up going bad and the head I have now is good for 2750PSI. They come with different nozzles that will allow you to change the output. I would not want one with less then 2400PSI because when you need the power to peal paint or get grim off of your deck it is nice to be able to change the nozzle and get more power right away.

I got a Northern Tool washer at 3000psi. The cool thing is it can dial down to lesser psi very easily, in addition to many nozzle tips. It has the Honda GX engine. The difference between a GX (slightly more expensive) and the GC engine is that you can get parts for a GX should you ever need them. The GC is basically a "once it breaks, get a new one" engine - or so I understand. But, chances are it won't break smile GX is also their performance engine, and it has a low oil shutdown, for those times if you ever loan it out to people not so smart, ha!.

I would agree that 2400 or under might have you wishing for more at some time. Good luck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.