Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carp-fisher

Cheap n easy rod holder

15 posts in this topic

The handle on my new Berkley big game rod was too wide for my rod holder. So I made this and it works great; costs 2 bucks. No drilling holes or moving parts--its all a friction fit.

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

I just bought a 10 foot piece of 1 1/4" PVC Cut it in 2.5 foot lengths. At one end I gave it a 45 degree cut give or take so it had a point to drive into the sand. Works great for almost any shore fishing. All for about 3 dollars I got 4 rod holders.

Fits most rods. Might want to go to 1 1/2" just to be safe for anyone who has larger rods

I like that style of home made rod holder because I have to have my rod nearly parallel to the water...I can't do the straight up and down thing. I had a really nice red rod holder from Scheel's that I loved but I left it at Long Lake and someone took it.

I like that style of home made rod holder because I have to have my rod nearly parallel to the water...I can't do the straight up and down thing. I had a really nice red rod holder from Scheel's that I loved but I left it at Long Lake and someone took it.

I like to have the rod more parallel to the water too. This one works well for that...

If I'm using cutbait and doing a tight line technique then I like my rod at a 45-60 degree angle but for my clicker and live bait I like it parallel.

I just bought a 10 foot piece of 1 1/4" PVC Cut it in 2.5 foot lengths. At one end I gave it a 45 degree cut give or take so it had a point to drive into the sand. Works great for almost any shore fishing. All for about 3 dollars I got 4 rod holders.

Fits most rods. Might want to go to 1 1/2" just to be safe for anyone who has larger rods

I cut it down to about a foot and tape it to a piece of 1/2 re-bar. A little easier to push into the mud.

I cut it down to about a foot and tape it to a piece of 1/2 re-bar. A little easier to push into the mud.

Actually with the 45 notched at the end it makes it rather easy to push it in the ground... Unless its rocky shore. but almost any sand bar it works great. I also put it in at an angle not straight up and down

I like to over complicate things, I made a mine out of 1" pvc and depending how I set it up I can have it level, 30 deg or 45.

Level.jpg

30deg.jpg

45deg.jpg

cost was about $10 and it breaks down to fit in my backpack

little duck tape and Red Green would be proud grin

nice set up dutch

Yeah thats a pretty creative system there. None of my holders work on rock, so that looks nice.