Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meyer8043

New to the area looking for someone to hunt with?

11 posts in this topic

Not looking to go out opening weekend but any other time this season. I have all my own gear and a 14' flat bottom with out a motor. I'm gonna do some scouting next weekend withing an hour of the metro. I'm not looking for anyone's spot just hate going out by my self. You can email me at meyer8043@yahoo.com if you're interested.

welcome to FM meyer and yea later in the season might work if you dont mind driving north

I always have room in the boat for people with their own gear, I really like people that have diver decoys. grin

If you do not have plans for the opener let me know, I have a spot or four that I may hit, most involve being on the water at 1am on the opener to get the spot, the time passes faster if I have someone other than the dog to talk to. sleep

Rum, do you really sit for 9hrs on opening day from 1am? Man you must have a Golden spot to put in that kind of time! crazy

Rum, do you really sit for 9hrs on opening day from 1am? Man you must have a Golden spot to put in that kind of time! crazy

If I want to hunt anywhere close to home it is required, typically I hunt near Svea on the opener, but this year I may try sticking close to home.

I have a spot that even 3 or 4 weeks into the season if you want the spot on the Saturday you better be on the water by 11:30pm Friday.

Most people think I am crazy for doing it, but it has paid off with many memorable hunts.

I hunted at least 45 days last season, probably closer to 50.

If you want to hunt with a truly addicted waterfowler I am your guy.

I always have room in the boat for people with their own gear, I really like people that have diver decoys. grin

If you do not have plans for the opener let me know, I have a spot or four that I may hit, most involve being on the water at 1am on the opener to get the spot, the time passes faster if I have someone other than the dog to talk to. sleep

Rum we will have to get together this season and I love the divers as well and have my own gear including a 18ft flatbottom full blind and we dont live that far apart see ya sometime

Rum we will have to get together this season and I love the divers as well and have my own gear including a 18ft flatbottom full blind and we dont live that far apart see ya sometime

Sounds good.

I saw you post about early goose season, I have a question for you, email me rjn02@msn.com

careful or you might get more volunteers to talk to you.... whistle

BigWadeS,

Some of my most memorable hunts last season where with people that I hooked up with via another duck hunting forum.

I have a gentleman's agreement with a few people for a spot on a lake, basically if we see each others trucks at the landing we hunt together, we also take turns getting the spot so we all do not have to get to the lake at midnight to 2am.

I firmly believe in sharing my passion for duck hunting with others, I love taking people on diver hunts and watching their jaws drop when a large flock of Redheads or Ringnecks or Cans commit suicide in the decoys.

Most of the guys I have hunted with in some of my good spots end up taking me to their spots, we agree to let each other know if we are going to head out to one of those spots the night before.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Single payer is in our future whether we like it or not. No sense in fighting it. If the Republicans fail to do anything meaningful with health care, Democrats will fire up the base again with single payer and the Republican run will be short lived. 
    •   All politicians are narcissists, some just more than others and they also like the monetary benefits that go with the position. Trump actually stated at one time he didn't really want to be President, but he was the only one who could do the job.
    •   You might get an official "Make America Great Again" cap. (made in China, of course)      
    •   Then what? Do I get a prize? 
    •   I don't think Trump really wants the job either, and I'll put Obama, Hillary and Gary Johnson in that category too. Sure they all wanted to be president but none of them actually wanted to do the job.
    •   Why don't you show us YOURS then?
    • I was referring to the spool for the ez ducer icing up not your spools on your rods...
    • I'm in 100th place overall after three events. I always suck making picks on Toledo Bend though
    • Well another year in the books for us on Winnipeg.  We fished Thursday-Saturday, just left right away Sunday morning without fishing.  Accessed out of Warner.  Thursday access was great, but by Sunday morning, it was sloppy with some deep ruts and puddles.  Lots of trucks parked out along the road.  All water depths measured from the bottom of ice.  Water was dirty straight out from the mouth, but clear out deep and farther west.  Eagles nest was dirty at 11.5fow but clear at 12.5fow.  Seemed to be an "umbrella effect" with the dirty water and the river pushing it straight out.   Thursday- We went straight north of Warner about 4 miles and started in 17fow.  Only caught a couple, then moved east to the ridge in 19fow.  Caught a few more small ones and one guy had a 25"er.  From there we tried a few spots out deep, 22-24fow.  Very slow out deep, only caught 2-3 in the couple hours we were out there.  Mid afternoon we headed south to the ridge in 20fow, pretty slow again.  In the evening we moved back NW to the spot on the ridge we were at in the morning and had a better evening bite there.  I had a nice one get off halfway up, but other than that all smaller ones.  Every spot we tried we caught at least 1-2 fish, but it was a grind.  Ended the day with 26 fish between 4 guys but only one over 20".  Best baits were pink/silver flutter spoons and purple rattle baits.   Friday-  Started out by the ridge again in 19fow caught 5-6 in that spot.  Friday started pretty slow for us.  By the later part of the day we were on the North side of the ridge in 19.5fow, right were the ridge turned to go North.  We found better fishing about 150-200 meters off the ridge.  Ended up sitting on one smaller area for the rest of the day and did fairly well.  Ended up with close to 60 fish between 4 guys on the day, with the biggest coming right at the end, a nice 27.5"er.  Best baits were purple rattle baits.  Gold rattle baits did fairly well earlier in the day.   Saturday- We woke up early and tried in 16fow right at first light, only marked a few with no biters.  Moved out to the North side of the ridge and same thing, managed to catch a few but only after going through the whole tackle box to find something they liked.  Moved about a half mile to the east and sat in the shelters to get out of the wind until about 330.  Had a few bigger schools of fish come through, at one point 2 of the guys caught 7 fish in 5 minutes.  The bite seemed to get better as the day went on.  We moved back to the west about half a mile to where we were Friday evening.  The bite there was good and we figured out that the fish wanted blue and silver rattle baits and blue and silver spoons.  We ended up catching 20-30 fish in that one spot from 330-dark.  In that time we had a 26", 26.5", and a 27".  So if we count that 27.5" from Friday, that was 4 fish 26" or bigger out of that one little spot.     Ice was in great shape.  Travel was very easy.  Crossing the ridge on ATVs wasn't that bad at all, used the ramps to cross only 2 times and found other spots to cross without ramps.  All 3 days the bite seemed to get better as the day wore on.  Most consistent bite for us was 200pm or later in 19-20 fow on the North side of the ridge.  What the fish wanted to bite on seemed to change by the hour.   I think we will be back next year, but only 1 trip, not 2.  

• Everyone is gouging the people.
  • Our Sponsors