Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meyer8043

New to the area looking for someone to hunt with?

11 posts in this topic

Not looking to go out opening weekend but any other time this season. I have all my own gear and a 14' flat bottom with out a motor. I'm gonna do some scouting next weekend withing an hour of the metro. I'm not looking for anyone's spot just hate going out by my self. You can email me at meyer8043@yahoo.com if you're interested.

welcome to FM meyer and yea later in the season might work if you dont mind driving north

I always have room in the boat for people with their own gear, I really like people that have diver decoys. grin

If you do not have plans for the opener let me know, I have a spot or four that I may hit, most involve being on the water at 1am on the opener to get the spot, the time passes faster if I have someone other than the dog to talk to. sleep

Rum, do you really sit for 9hrs on opening day from 1am? Man you must have a Golden spot to put in that kind of time! crazy

Rum, do you really sit for 9hrs on opening day from 1am? Man you must have a Golden spot to put in that kind of time! crazy

If I want to hunt anywhere close to home it is required, typically I hunt near Svea on the opener, but this year I may try sticking close to home.

I have a spot that even 3 or 4 weeks into the season if you want the spot on the Saturday you better be on the water by 11:30pm Friday.

Most people think I am crazy for doing it, but it has paid off with many memorable hunts.

I hunted at least 45 days last season, probably closer to 50.

If you want to hunt with a truly addicted waterfowler I am your guy.

I always have room in the boat for people with their own gear, I really like people that have diver decoys. grin

If you do not have plans for the opener let me know, I have a spot or four that I may hit, most involve being on the water at 1am on the opener to get the spot, the time passes faster if I have someone other than the dog to talk to. sleep

Rum we will have to get together this season and I love the divers as well and have my own gear including a 18ft flatbottom full blind and we dont live that far apart see ya sometime

Rum we will have to get together this season and I love the divers as well and have my own gear including a 18ft flatbottom full blind and we dont live that far apart see ya sometime

Sounds good.

I saw you post about early goose season, I have a question for you, email me rjn02@msn.com

careful or you might get more volunteers to talk to you.... whistle

BigWadeS,

Some of my most memorable hunts last season where with people that I hooked up with via another duck hunting forum.

I have a gentleman's agreement with a few people for a spot on a lake, basically if we see each others trucks at the landing we hunt together, we also take turns getting the spot so we all do not have to get to the lake at midnight to 2am.

I firmly believe in sharing my passion for duck hunting with others, I love taking people on diver hunts and watching their jaws drop when a large flock of Redheads or Ringnecks or Cans commit suicide in the decoys.

Most of the guys I have hunted with in some of my good spots end up taking me to their spots, we agree to let each other know if we are going to head out to one of those spots the night before.