• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sand jacking vs. Mudjacking?

Simo

We are looking to have some work done to lift and stabalize a patio and screen porch. Has anyone had any experience with sandjacking or mudjacking to lift a sinking concrete slab? Any pros or cons for one vs. the other?

Thanks

We did the mudjacking right before we put our house on the market. We mudjacked a patio and walkway. The house was 30 years old, and there was some significant sinking. They were able to get both to about 80% of new. After a certain point it puts too much stress on the concrete and it can crack. They even cut in new expansion joints to help.

Overall we were pretty happy. It looked really good and it was much cheaper than repouring both. We sold our house in 4 days, and I am sure that contributed some. Obviously I can't comment on the long term durability, but I know they don't last forever. However, nothing does.

Take it all out and repour it ,it will not last there is a reason why it is junk now , could be many things just throwin a patch on it isnt gonna solve anything ,i know money is tight but get a good qualified contractor and have him fix it right. The biggest killer of muddjacking is that the fill underneath is already wet and it will never dry out but it will and can freeze in winter and it will just keep doing the same thing its doing now ,heaving and then setteling =more cracking and sinking ,tear it out dig out the contaminated fill down to virgin soil and put footings in from there.