• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice rods

waterwolff

Question

2 answers to this question

Over-sized hard alloy FUJI guides are the real deal for ice fishing. You see far less build-up and they tend to clean themselves out with a snap of the rod.

Seats are handy as you don't has as many complications and you can switch reels faster if need be.

I have a few custom built Tennessee style rods that I like that have no seats, just cork.

My trick is to get heat shrink tape or heat shrink sleeves cut into bands too secure the reels. They suck up tight once you hit them with a heat gun.

The heat sensitive shrink sleeves are used by electricians, they come in termination kits used for electrical connections on 3-phase motors. They are large enough to accommodate most any rod handle and there are assorted sizes to work with.

Talk to a industrial electrician and I bet he or she has a bunch of them laying around someplace.

The tape is handy but harder to find, try a good electrical supplier and you should find it.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com