• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabelas Snowy Ridge Boot?

robman

I need to replace my old Sorel pac boots,and was looking at Cabelas Snowy Range 1200 pac boots.Any opinions on this boot? Any suggestions for a late season duck hunting/ice fishing boot? Thanks for any info.

You will get a ton of opinions on this so i will give you mine. If you are looking at the Cabelas brand of boots that could work both for late hunting and ice fishing i have an idea for you. I am very sensitive to cold and survived very easily (0 to -20 most ice trips) the ice fishing season here in North Dakota with the Cabelas 8 point hunting boots. They have 1000 grams of thinsulate and work well for late season hunting. They need a little break in time. Start out a little stiff but settle down nicely and i only spent 80 bucks for them. I was in the same hunt last year for a new boot. No need to look else where.

These are excellent boots for the money. I bought a pair 4 years ago and have used them elk and whitetail hunting, ice fishing, shoveling, snowmobiling, pretty much anything outdoors. This past winter I noticed my feet where getting wet after a few hours on the ice. I think it's coming in through the seams. For $100 you can't go wrong.