• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Tags

under 2 weeks now, it has been a long month up here in Minnesota with everyone and their dog out deer hunting. Pretty soon my truck will be loaded up and I will headed down I35 and relaxing with a day of pheasant hunting before the real fun the next morning.

gonna check the zero my slug gun (it shouldn't have moved in the last year) this week and then start the packing list. What are the chances we will have an inch or two of snow opening morning? I'll be happy if the corn is out, on farm we have acces to likes to dry the corn in the field, I don't blame him, but with the weather we have had the last 2 weeks, it should be flying out of the fields right now......

Not sure about the snow! They are talking a chance of an inch or so this wed. but don't think it will stay around. The corn is coming out . I would say in the 70% + being picked. For me the winds this year has been a pain! Most of my stnads are set up for a N.W. wind and we have had ALOT of N.E. this year.I got fed up and tried one of my spots with a bad wind last night, and got busted!( I knew better ! cry) I've spent alot of time in the woods , and still haven't see anything with horns! I'm at the pt., if it is brown it's down!

The birds are a feast or famine this year. good numbers in certain small areas, but numbers are low otherwise. Where will you be hunting?

Blaze Orange Required

To hunt deer with a firearm in any season you

must wear one of the following articles of external,

visible, solid blaze orange clothing: vest, jacket, coat,

sweatshirt, sweater, shirt or coveralls. An orange hat

alone is not sufficient. No person shall use a blind for

hunting deer during the regular shotgun deer seasons

unless such blind exhibits a solid blaze orange marking

visible in all directions with a minimum height of

12 inches and a minimum width of 12 inches.