Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
52#FLATHEAD

oil for auger & hanger

6 posts in this topic

What brand of oil do you Strikemaster guys mix w/ the gas for the lazermag express?

How do you have your auger stored? How is it hung? I want to hang mine by the handles or make a locking cradle that will hold it upright.

After it is broken in, I run with Amsoil Pro 100:1 (use the small packets that mix with a gallon of gas). I find my laser mag (eskimo previously), starts and runs better than using other non-synthetic oils i've tried.

Over the summer, I store mine laying sideways up on the handle in my Otter Lodge. Always spray the blades with little fogging oil, and put the blade guard on. I also put gas stablizer, and run it dry (some will debate to keep the tank full, but this works for me), then fog the motor.

Storing in-between outings during the season, I lay it on the handle on my garage floor. But someday, will likely rig something to hang it vertically on the wall.

i bought a weedwacker hanger from menards for $5 and it fits great with my auger cover on

Amsoil Sabre mixed between 80-1 and 100-1. Buy the "pillow packets" or an 8 oz bottle. 1.5 oz/gal of gas is 80-1, and 1.3 oz/gal is 100-1. Most people recommend using a standard 24-1 or 32-1 typical 2 stroke oil for breakin, but Amsoil says using Sabre mixed at 50-1 (2.6 oz/gal) will breakin just as well.

For storage I take the shaft off, and I made a little handle rest rig that the powerhead sits on resting on its handles. Then you can put it on a shelf whereever you want.

I switched to Amsoil but don't mix it as lean as everybody else. I run it at 50-60 to 1. Just don't feel comfortable mixing it real lean.

I have one of the Cabellas hard auger cases that has a hanging loop attached to it, so that make it easy to hang on a hook in the garage!!

I do not have a strikemaster but I use universal oil so I can use the same gas in my auger, chain saw, and weed whip.

I have not had any problems. I think fresher gas is more important than the type of oil. I think this type of equipment runs so few hours the oil type does not matter.