Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PatriotsFan

Lowrance X67C sonar questions..

18 posts in this topic

Has anyone used this sonar feature for ice fishing? How well does the digital screen work? Im used to a vexilar so this is a bit smaller and kinda unsure about the digital lines being clear etc.

I had one a couple years ago, IMO it was a great little unit. The only reason I sold it was because I got a killer deal on an LX5 and didn't need 2 (well yes, I could use 2). Properly tuned and used in ice mode I never noticed any delay, it ran perfect next to my buddy's Marcums and Vexilars. There was no delay, even on the coldest of days. The battery lasts an eternity.

Things I miss most about it would be the battery life and the digital depth read out.

Things I didn't like about it... My fluorescent lantern drove it crazy, but I rarely used the lantern because in extreme cold it was [PoorWordUsage]. The 1 time I did run into interference problems it was very difficult to filter, but I have seen this happen with Marcums and Vex's too.

I think I paid $250 for the unit, worth every penny and wish I still had it.

Thanks rouser good to know. I got the unit slightly used in mint condition for 140. BUT I need to get the ice pack transducer and soft pack as well. Hopefully i will be as happy as you were with it. I currently have it set up as a portable unit for my boat and I love it.

I have the larger ice machine and love it. A buddy of mine has the 68 (same as the 67 with GPS) and that is a slick unit too.

I wouldnt hesitate to pick one up, especially at that price. You'll love it.

It's a great unit. I'd take it over a Vex any day of the week unless I plan on hole-hopping. You will be very happy with your purchase!

My buddy has one and really likes it. He prefers the graph mode over the flasher mode, plus he uses it in his boat in the summer. He also really likes that in graph mode you basically have a short "history" so you can try different thing and see how they react, and adjust accordingly.

It's a great unit. I'd take it over a Vex any day of the week unless I plan on hole-hopping. You will be very happy with your purchase!

What's wrong with it for hole hopping?

I love my X67C I've had it for like 6 years now, and it works great! The only beef I have with it is there are times it doesn't play nice with Marcums out in deep, rocky bottom waters. Other then that it's great!

I ONLY use the graph screen, too. The flasher screen is a pain in the A once you get used to the graph.

I"ve been using an M68c for the last 5 years. I love the graph mode. So easy to watch a fish rise to the bait. Doesn't play well with others IMO.

TB2

Originally Posted By: fishingfrenzy

What's wrong with it for hole hopping?

I love my X67C I've had it for like 6 years now, and it works great! The only beef I have with it is there are times it doesn't play nice with Marcums out in deep, rocky bottom waters. Other then that it's great!

I ONLY use the graph screen, too. The flasher screen is a pain in the A once you get used to the graph.

Nothing. For myself, when I'm hole hopping I want that instant display on the unit. My X67C takes a few seconds to adjust and start reading. Big deal? Not for 99% of the fishermen out there, but I have an older vex that can get that reading as soon as the 'ducer hits the water.

I agree, I just can't get my ice machine to play well with the LX-5s out there.

Nothing. For myself, when I'm hole hopping I want that instant display on the unit. My X67C takes a few seconds to adjust and start reading. Big deal? Not for 99% of the fishermen out there, but I have an older vex that can get that reading as soon as the 'ducer hits the water.

Wow! Settle down, man. I wasn't mocking you to be an a$$, hence the " wink ". I was trying to "make a funny"!

Sorry you took it that way.

My apologies, took it the wrong way! No harm done, post edited. Shows what a bad mood can do to a guy grin

The x67 is a GREAT unit, Ive used them all and prefer it over others. Battery life is insane, durability is better than the competition IMO. It just took me awhile too learn the features. I suggest, is possible, fishing with someone that has used it. I've used mine Summer/Winter for like 5 years now.

By the way I holehop like mad, the hole needs to be CLEAN as possible to get an instant reading, plus it likes to be centered, to get that instant readout. Otherwise it picks up in a few seconds.

Another suggestion is to get a Vex float for the cord. That arm they come with is not the best. That makes the hole hopping a lot easier too.

I own both a M-68c and a FL-20. I bought a float/stopper as well for the Lowrance. Personally, I think the eyebolt concept on a vex is a quicker read! (gonna keep that in mind and add an eyebolt to the icemachine!!) As far as dropping em both down...you still have to restart the fl-20, so as far as hole hopping goes, I'd give the edge to the 68!...YOU CAN fish both units close if you set em up 2gether right! I personally don't think the FL-20 is a hole hopper.(JMO) ...and YES the 67's-68C's Do start to freeze at around -20. I would'nt trade either the 68C or the FL-20 for a box of rocks!!!